Towel Day is celebrated every year on 25 May as a tribute to the author Douglas Adams by his fans. On this day, fans openly carry a towel with them, as described in Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy or share their folded animal towels to demonstrate their appreciation for the books and the author. The commemoration was first held 25 May 2001, two weeks after Adams’ death on 11 May.
- How to Argue with a Cat: A Human̵... — How to Argue with a Cat: A Human’s Guide to the Art of Persuasion – Kindle edition by Jay Heinrichs, Natalie Palmer-Sutton. Reference Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVDDVZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_c_M59gBbZSMBKAFLearn how to persuade cats—the world’s most skeptical and cautious negotiators—with this primer on rhetoric and argument from the New York Times bestselling author of Thank You for Arguing! [...]
- There Are Two Ways to Read — One Is U... — There Are Two Ways to Read – One Is Useless – Personal Growth – Mediumhttps://medium.com/personal-growth/there-are-two-ways-to-read-one-is-useless-cc152cf4f51bHomer, Shakespeare, Voltaire, Flaubert, Tolstoy, Woolf, Hemingway — these are names without a living body. We can’t talk to them, nor touch them, but their thoughts are immortalized through the written word. Without books, humans would never have escaped the boundaries of space [...]
- 10 Reasons Why “13 Reasons Why” is Ac... — [...]
- Top Frequent-Flier Programs for 2018 — Top Frequent-Flier Programs for 2018 – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/top-frequent-flier-programs-for-2018-1526463003Southwest leads a survey of award availability on 25 airlines, along with Air Canada, Turkish and JetBlue; American makes a big move to open up seats. [...]
- 10 Places To Visit in Manila To Enjoy... — If you survive the heat, the politics, the EJK. 10 Places To Visit in Manila To Enjoy During This Summerhttps://www.shopback.ph/blog/places-to-visit-in-metro-manila?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=phsb_nl180513_2_en_blg_1001001_1_0_blogJL2_shopback.2895782&utm_content=bd_scm_1_0_blogMetro Manila has enough places to visit to keep you entertained all Summer. If you can’t go out of the city for a long trip make the most of what Manila has to offer: culture, art, [...]