JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Race, But Who Wins?
- Greedy, Brittle, Opaque, and Shallow:... — “We are born knowing there are causal relationships in the world, that wholes can be made of parts, and that the world consists of places and objects that persist in space and time,” Gary Marcus says. “No machine ever learned any of that stuff using backprop.” https://www.wired.com/story/greedy-brittle-opaque-and-shallow-the-downsides-to-deep-learning/Gary Marcus, a professor of cognitive psychology at NYU [...]
- ‘Altered Carbon’: Underst... — ‘Altered Carbon’: The New Netflix Series, Explained | Hollywood Reporterhttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/altered-carbon-new-netflix-series-explained-1081140From executive producer and showrunner Laeta Kalogridis, and based on an original 2002 novel written by author Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon takes place in a far future world where mankind has captured immortality like lightning in a bottle — or high-tech devices in the back [...]
- Facebook and Google a menace to socie... — George Soros: Facebook and Google a menace to society | Business | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/25/george-soros-facebook-and-google-are-a-menace-to-society?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Billionaire warns of ‘far-reaching adverse consequences’ for democracy and says social media companies’ ‘days are numbered’ [...]
- Justin Timberlake’s “Filt... — [...]
- Justin Timberlake – Filthy (Off... — [...]