JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Race, But Who Wins?
- Who Has More of Your Personal Data Th... — Who Has More of Your Personal Data Than Facebook? Try Google – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/who-has-more-of-your-personal-data-than-facebook-try-google-1524398401Google’s data-gathering empire is bigger and more pervasive than Facebook’s—and while it hasn’t been plagued by scandal, it can’t evade scrutiny forever. [...]
- Chat is Google’s Next Big Fix f... — Exclusive: Chat is Google’s next big fix for Android’s messaging mess – The Vergehttps://www.theverge.com/2018/4/19/17252486/google-android-messages-chat-rcs-anil-sabharwal-imessage-texting?ref=donvy.comA top-tier Android phone can cost upwards of a thousand dollars, and for that money, you’ll get some amazing features. It will have a stellar screen, top-flight camera, gobs of storage, and an absolutely atrocious texting experience. As a result of Google’s [...]
- Thousands of apps in Google Play Stor... — Thousands of Android apps may be illegally tracking children, study finds – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/04/16/thousands-of-android-apps-may-be-illegally-tracking-children-study-finds/?utm_term=.6aa8b1d0ca1bSome of the apps in question included Disney’s “Where’s My Water?” Gameloft’s “Minion Rush” and Duolingo, the language learning app. [...]
- Zuckerberg certainly convinced me ... — Zuckerberg certainly convinced me – to log off Facebook for good, that is | Emma Brockes | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/mark-zuckerberg-log-off-facebook-congress?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=271200&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2I felt little more than distaste for the tech mogul. Then I saw him before Congress, writes Guardian columnist Emma Brockes, and the effect was immediate [...]
- Facebook is now in the data-privacy s... — Facebook is now in the data-privacy spotlight. Could Google be next? – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/04/11/facebook-is-now-in-the-data-privacy-spotlight-could-google-be-next/?utm_term=.aeee8be65182The search giant gathers a lot more data on us than Mark Zuckerberg’s social network. Who let Google off the hook? The titan of search, smartphones and Web browsing makes more money off its users than Facebook does, gathers more of [...]