Until recently, the only way to use Signal on a desktop was to download the Chrome app. But there is now a standalone Signal desktop app for Mac, Windows, and Debian-based Linux systems. Initially the app has to be paired with your phone but once that’s done, you can use it on its own.
12 Signal App Tips for Secure Chats
- Astro app makes managing email easy a... — Astro is the best email app [Cult of Mac’s Essential iOS Apps #10]https://www.cultofmac.com/546107/astro-review-best-email-app/Email is a necessary evil. Whether it’s personal communications, work-related updates or the latest sale at your favorite store, email is something we deal with nearly every day. Astro is the best email app around for Gmail, G Suite and Office 365 email [...]
- 18 Twitter Accounts Every Web Designe... — 18 Twitter Accounts Every Web Designer Should Follow in 2018 | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2018/05/18-twitter-accounts-every-web-designer-should-follow-in-2018/?ref=donvy.comWhen you think about social media marketing for your web design business, you may be inclined to focus on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Dribbble. After all, visuals play a major part in the conversations that take place there and you are [...]
- Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disru... — Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disruptive, Negative Accounts – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/twitter-to-reduce-visibility-of-disruptive-negative-accountsTwitter Inc. is taking another step to reduce the amount of harmful content on its site, this time expanding the effort beyond users who explicitly break the social network’s rules. [...]
- Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilit... — Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilities Require You To Take Action Now | Electronic Frontier Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-nowUPDATE (5/14/18): More information has been released. See EFF’s more detailed explanation and analysis here.A group of European security researchers have released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of PGP and S/MIME. EFF has been in communication with [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Why does Instagram want to be so much like its big brother at a time [...]