Want to know how Deep Learning works? Here’s a quick guide for everyone.
- Ethical Design: The Practical Getting... — Ethical Design: The Practical Getting-Started Guide — Smashing Magazinehttps://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/03/ethical-design-practical-getting-started-guide/?ref=donvy.comAs designers and developers, we have an obligation to build experiences that are better than the norm where design features are meticulously being built to exploit human behavior and make us addicts of social media. This article explains how unethical design happens, and how to do ethical [...]
- Greedy, Brittle, Opaque, and Shallow:... — “We are born knowing there are causal relationships in the world, that wholes can be made of parts, and that the world consists of places and objects that persist in space and time,” Gary Marcus says. “No machine ever learned any of that stuff using backprop.” https://www.wired.com/story/greedy-brittle-opaque-and-shallow-the-downsides-to-deep-learning/Gary Marcus, a professor of cognitive psychology at NYU [...]
- The WIRED Guide to Hyperloop — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-hyperloop/Everything you ever wanted to know about Elon Musk’s fever-dream train-in-a-tube. [...]
- The WIRED Guide to the Blockchain — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-blockchain/It’s super secure and slightly hard to understand, but the idea of creating tamper-proof databases has captured the attention of everyone from anarchist techies to staid bankers. [...]
- The WIRED Guide to Drones — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-drones/Everything you need to know about the tiny flyers that are going to fill the skies, transforming entire industries for the better—and worse. [...]