After Vegas, why do we still treat the US as a civilised state?
- Facebook’s New Download Tool: Better,... — Facebook’s New Download Tool: Better, But Still Incomplete – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/facebooks-new-download-tool-better-but-still-incomplete-1525112291In the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal and Mark Zuckerberg’s Capitol Hill testimony, Facebook has made it easier for users to receive a copy of things they have posted and interacted with on the social network. In other words, all the mysteries that weren’t answered [...]
- The world is broken. Sometimes, it... — The world is broken. Sometimes, it’s OK to just be sad about that | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/29/the-world-is-broken-sometimes-its-ok-to-just-be-sad-about-that?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=273206&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2In his last column for the Guardian US, writer at large Steven Thrasher writes about when it’s best to take action in life – and when it is fine to just self-reflect [...]
- Pablo Picasso Set as Season 2 Subject... — Pablo Picasso Set as Season 2 Subject of National Geographic Channel’s ‘Genius’ – Varietyhttps://variety.com/2017/tv/news/pablo-picasso-genius-season-2-national-geographic-channel-1202474189/Pablo Picasso will be the subject of the second season of National Geographic Channel’s biographical anthology series “Genius.” The legendary Spanish artist, who died in 1973 at the age of 91, was chosen for the depth of his impact on art and [...]
- Zuckerberg certainly convinced me ... — Zuckerberg certainly convinced me – to log off Facebook for good, that is | Emma Brockes | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/mark-zuckerberg-log-off-facebook-congress?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=271200&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2I felt little more than distaste for the tech mogul. Then I saw him before Congress, writes Guardian columnist Emma Brockes, and the effect was immediate [...]
- Fascism: A Warning by Madeleine Albri... — A Fascist, observes Madeleine Albright, “is someone who claims to speak for a whole nation or group, is utterly unconcerned with the rights of others, and is willing to use violence and whatever other means are necessary to achieve the goals he or she might have.” Fascism: A Warning: Madeleine Albright: 9780062802187: Amazon.com: Bookshttps://www.amazon.com/Fascism-Warning-Madeleine-Albright/dp/0062802186A personal [...]