What Do We Do with Our Dead?
- New Rule: Suckers | Real Time with Bi... — “Scientific American used to be the name of a magazine. Now it’s a contradiction in terms.” –Bill Maher [...]
- How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? — How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/14/how-frightened-should-we-be-of-ai?mbid=nl_Daily%20050818&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13466841&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1400714066&spReportId=MTQwMDcxNDA2NgS2Thinking about artificial intelligence can help clarify what makes us human—for better and for worse. [...]
- iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazin... — iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazine’s ’50 Most Beautiful People of 2018′https://www.idropnews.com/news/iphone-x-used-shoot-people-magazines-50-beautiful-people-2018/70791/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=05072018&utm_term=NewsletterA high-profile Spanish magazine used an iPhone for a recent cover story photoshoot, Apple CEO Tim Cook highlighted this week. People en Español used an iPhone X to shoot many of the images for its upcoming June issue, which covers the 50 most [...]
- Burial Plots: Robert Aickman’s Eerily... — Burial Plots: Robert Aickman’s Eerily Ordinary Stories | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/burial-plots-robert-aickmans-eerily-ordinary-stories?mbid=nl_Daily%20050718&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13459185&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1400626123&spReportId=MTQwMDYyNjEyMwS2Not a lot tends to happen in a story by Robert Aickman. Two young women picnic near a country churchyard. A newly elected councillor is appointed to a committee that oversees maintenance of the local cemetery. Somewhere on a Mediterranean-seeming island, an English couple buys [...]
- Michelle Wolf and the Pseudo-Event of... — Michelle Wolf and the Pseudo-Event of the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/michelle-wolf-and-the-pseudo-event-of-the-white-house-correspondents-association-dinner?mbid=nl_Daily%20043018&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13414616&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1382638657&spReportId=MTM4MjYzODY1NwS2The pans of the comedian, and the calls for decorum, were blatantly out of scale. [...]