What Do We Do with Our Dead?
- A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Haw... — A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Hawking | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/a-physicists-farewell-to-stephen-hawkingHawking was a scientific and cultural revolutionary. He saw the cosmos as no one before him had—and he could explain it to the masses, too. Stephen Hawking delighted in reminding audiences that he was born three hundred years to the day after the death of Galileo, [...]
- The World Is Waking Up to What Blockc... — The World Is Waking Up to What Blockchain Is Doing to Moneyhttps://medium.com/s/welcome-to-blockchain/the-world-is-waking-up-to-what-blockchain-is-doing-to-money-aed0cbe02498Three years ago, just after his 16th birthday, Eddy Zillan invested his savings — some money from his bar mitzvah, some from his parents, some he had saved up — in the cryptocurrency market. Even before the price of cryptocurrencies skyrocketed in 2017, people [...]
- Wine prices to rise as bad weather br... — Wine prices to rise as bad weather brings worst harvest for 50 years | Business | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/09/wine-prices-to-rise-as-bad-weather-brings-worst-harvest-for-50-years?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=266870&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2It’s the kind of bad news best served with a stiff drink: the price of standard supermarket wines such as prosecco and pinot grigio could rise by up to 30% this year as the impact of 2017’s disastrous [...]
- “The Death of Stalin” Dares to Make E... — “The Death of Stalin” Dares to Make Evil Funny | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/19/the-death-of-stalin-dares-to-make-evil-funny?mbid=nl_Daily%20031018&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13091367&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1360897721&spReportId=MTM2MDg5NzcyMQS2In Armando Iannucci’s outrageous comedy about the dead tyrant’s underlings, every gag is girded with fear. [...]
- This Couple Died By Assisted Suicide ... — This Couple Died By Assisted Suicide Together. Here’s Their Story | Timehttp://time.com/5179977/assisted-suicide-couple-death/On the last morning of their lives, Charlie and Francie Emerick held hands. The Portland, Ore., couple, married for 66 years and both terminally ill, died together in their bed April 20, 2017, after taking lethal doses of medication obtained under the state’s Death [...]