An Ex-Google Engineer Is Founding a Religion to Worship AI. He’s Decades Too Late.
- Google Removes ‘Don’t Be ... — https://gizmodo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gizmodo.com/google-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393/amp?amp_js_v=a1&_gsa=1&ref=donvy.com#ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo.com%2Fgoogle-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393 Google’s unofficial motto has long been the simple phrase “don’t be evil.” But that’s over, according to the code of conduct that Google distributes to its employees. The phrase was removed sometime in late April or early May, archives hosted by the Wayback Machine show. [...]
- Human or bot? Google Duplex scares — Human or bot? Google Duplex scares me – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-duplex-assistant-bot-deception-scary-ethics-question/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756In this age of disinformation, where fake news thrives and the public has trust issues with technology, Google designed a machine that can deceive humans. Gosh, what could go wrong? [...]
- Google goes for the wow at I/O, but w... — “We tell Facebook all about ourselves, but Google knows the real us,” says Brian Solis, an analyst at the Altimeter Group. “That’s why it’s so incredible — and also so dangerous at the same time.” Google goes for the wow at I/O, but what about privacy? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-goes-for-the-wow-at-io-2018-but-what-about-privacy-ai-virtual-assistant/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The search giant was mostly mum about privacy [...]
- How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? — How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/14/how-frightened-should-we-be-of-ai?mbid=nl_Daily%20050818&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13466841&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1400714066&spReportId=MTQwMDcxNDA2NgS2Thinking about artificial intelligence can help clarify what makes us human—for better and for worse. [...]
- Searching for a Future Beyond Faceboo... — Searching for a Future Beyond Facebookhttps://longreads.com/2018/05/01/searching-for-a-future-beyond-facebook/If we want to liberate ourselves from the tech monopolies, we have to figure out what to do with our data. Facebook has accomplished a neat trick in the last fourteen years, draping itself in humanitarian intent while establishing a globe-straddling monopoly. In the name of connecting people, it has built [...]