An Ex-Google Engineer Is Founding a Religion to Worship AI. He’s Decades Too Late.
- Greedy, Brittle, Opaque, and Shallow:... — “We are born knowing there are causal relationships in the world, that wholes can be made of parts, and that the world consists of places and objects that persist in space and time,” Gary Marcus says. “No machine ever learned any of that stuff using backprop.” https://www.wired.com/story/greedy-brittle-opaque-and-shallow-the-downsides-to-deep-learning/Gary Marcus, a professor of cognitive psychology at NYU [...]
- Facebook and Google a menace to socie... — George Soros: Facebook and Google a menace to society | Business | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/25/george-soros-facebook-and-google-are-a-menace-to-society?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Billionaire warns of ‘far-reaching adverse consequences’ for democracy and says social media companies’ ‘days are numbered’ [...]
- Justin Timberlake’s “Filt... — [...]
- Justin Timberlake – Filthy (Off... — [...]
- Inside CES 2018: AI, big data, and 5G... — Inside CES 2018: AI, big data, and 5G are the future – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/inside-ces-2018-ai-big-data-and-5g-are-the-future/?ftag=TREe09998f&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472TechRepublic’s Bill Detwiler takes us behind the scenes at CES 2018 and explains why high speed mobile wireless, big data, and machine learning are the business technology trends to watch. SaveSave [...]