An Ex-Google Engineer Is Founding a Religion to Worship AI. He’s Decades Too Late.
- Google’s ‘Advanced Protec... — https://www.wired.com/story/google-advanced-protection-locks-down-accounts?mbid=nl_101717_daily_list1_p1Google offers a powerful new security setting aimed its most (rightfully) paranoid users. [...]
- IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspbe... — IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspberry Pi – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/ibm-fits-ai-wave-forecaster-on-raspberry-pi-1718419/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleScientists have developed an advanced wave forecasting system that can run speedy simulations on a Raspberry Pi. Using deep learning, analysts at IBM Research Ireland, Baylor University, and the University of Notre Dame … [...]
- Google and Facebook Have Failed Us — Google and Facebook Have Failed Us – The Atlantic – Mediumhttps://medium.com/the-atlantic/google-and-facebook-have-failed-us-61b526beb817The world’s most powerful information gatekeepers neglected their duties in Las Vegas. Again. [...]
- Facebook Quietly Enters StarCraft War... — https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-quietly-enters-starcraft-war-for-ai-bots-and-loses?mbid=nl_100917_dailyFacebook entered a StarCraft competition for software bots, revealing its ambition to compete with Google in artificial intelligence. [...]
- Apple’s Portrait Lighting mode ... — Apple’s Portrait Lighting on the iPhone X, 8 Plus explained – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/apple-iphone-8-plus-x-portrait-lighting-mode-explained/?ftag=CAD3c77551&bhid=27547158291070567978960326502559The new iPhone 8 Plus and X use artificial intelligence to add gorgeous lighting to your photos. [...]