Storm surge: What happens when the sea rises up during a hurricane?
- United is selling seats on an 18-hour... — https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/united-is-selling-seats-on-an-18-hour-flight-for-177.htmlUnited Airlines this month launched the longest flight from the U.S. from LA to Singapore. Seats start at just $177. [...]
- Facebook and Google pledged to stop f... — Facebook and Google pledged to stop fake news. So how come they promoted Las Vegas-shooting hoaxes? – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-facebook-and-google-pledged-to-stop-1506990143-htmlstory.htmlAccuracy matters in the moments after a tragedy. Facts can help catch the suspects, save lives and prevent a panic. But in the aftermath of the deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday, the world’s two [...]
- Emmy Awards reflect TV’s new wo... — Emmy Awards reflect TV's new world order – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-emmys-news-story-20170917-story.html#nt=oft07a-3gp1Who were the big winners at the 69th primetime Emmy Awards? Streaming video solidified its place as the vanguard for television creativity as Hulu’s “The Handmaid’s Tale” was honored with five statuettes including outstanding drama series at the 69th Emmy Awards. [...]
- Bitcoin’s price hit $5,000 last... — Bitcoin's price hit $5,000 last week. It's still a dumb investment – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-bitcoin-price-20170905-story.htmlBitcoin’s meteoric rise to $5,000 proves it’s a bad investment–and bad for many other uses, too. [...]
- Labor Day weekend wraps up dismal sum... — Labor Day weekend wraps up dismal summer box-office season – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-box-office-labor-day-20170904-story.htmlHollywood’s box office blues roll on through a depressing Labor Day weekend. [...]