Storm surge: What happens when the sea rises up during a hurricane?
- Expect to pay more for gasoline in 20... — Expect to pay more for gasoline in 2018 – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gasoline-prices-20180103-story.htmlGasBuddy predicts the average price for a gallon of gas will go up about 8 cents a gallon nationally this year. SaveSave [...]
- Which museums are taking part in the ... — Which museums are taking part in the upcoming free-admission day? Here's the complete list – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-free-museums-day-20180102-story.htmlDozens of Southern California museums will offer free admission on Jan. 28, saving upward of $25 per person. Here’s who’s participating in the Museums Free-for-All. [...]
- From weed to wages, the new year ushe... — From weed to wages, the new year ushers in new laws affecting consumers – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-new-california-laws-20180102-story.htmlAs of Monday, Californians 21 and older can buy recreational marijuana from licensed dispensaries between the hours of 6 in the morning and 10 at night. SaveSave [...]
- From the dazzling to the disheartenin... — From the dazzling to the disheartening, 2017 was a remarkable year for science – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-science-in-2017-20171222-htmlstory.htmlWhat a year for science: There were thrilling discoveries of planets that might be hospitable to life and major advances in gene editing. We also endured the death of a beloved spacecraft and a series of attacks on the value [...]
- United is selling seats on an 18-hour... — https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/united-is-selling-seats-on-an-18-hour-flight-for-177.htmlUnited Airlines this month launched the longest flight from the U.S. from LA to Singapore. Seats start at just $177. [...]