From the death of David Bowie to the rise of Trump, and mayhem in Mosul and Aleppo: photographers describe how they took the pictures that tell the story of 2016. Selection by Karin Andreasson.
The best photographs of 2016 – in pictures
- Trump vs. The World: Last Week Tonigh... — [...]
- Talk about your death while you’... — Do you know what you want when you die? Do you know how you want to be remembered? In a candid, heartfelt talk about a subject most of us would rather not discuss, Michelle Knox asks each of us to reflect on our core values around death and share them with our loved ones, so [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook Inc. has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Part of what made Instagram great was that your main feed was a stream [...]
- Study Finds Facebook was the Biggest ... — Study Finds Facebook was the Biggest Distributor of Fake News – Social Mediahttp://sea.pcmag.com/social-media/18896/news/study-finds-facebook-was-the-biggest-distributor-of-fake-newA recent study has found that Facebook was the biggest gateway for fake news in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election. Share or not to share? SaveSave [...]
- 10 top tips for taking amazing travel... — 10 top tips for taking amazing travel photographs | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/jan/03/t-top-tips-for-taking-amazing-travel-photographsWe asked the team at Wild Photography Holidays, supplier of the prize for our 2018 readers’ travel photography competition, for expert advice on capturing great travel shots [...]