From the death of David Bowie to the rise of Trump, and mayhem in Mosul and Aleppo: photographers describe how they took the pictures that tell the story of 2016. Selection by Karin Andreasson.
The best photographs of 2016 – in pictures
- Happy Towel Day! — Towel Day is celebrated every year on 25 May as a tribute to the author Douglas Adams by his fans. On this day, fans openly carry a towel with them, as described in Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy or share their folded animal towels to demonstrate their appreciation for the books and the [...]
- 10 Places To Visit in Manila To Enjoy... — If you survive the heat, the politics, the EJK. 10 Places To Visit in Manila To Enjoy During This Summerhttps://www.shopback.ph/blog/places-to-visit-in-metro-manila?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=phsb_nl180513_2_en_blg_1001001_1_0_blogJL2_shopback.2895782&utm_content=bd_scm_1_0_blogMetro Manila has enough places to visit to keep you entertained all Summer. If you can’t go out of the city for a long trip make the most of what Manila has to offer: culture, art, [...]
- Met Gala 2018: Heavenly Bodies: Fashi... — https://www.vogue.com/tag/event/met-galaThe Met Gala, otherwise known as the most fashionable night of the year, is finally here. The exhibition—“Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”—holds drama aplenty, but the event begins on the iconic stairs of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where guests sweep up the red carpet for their grand entrance. As we compile our [...]
- How Michelle Wolf Blasted Open the Fi... — How Michelle Wolf Blasted Open the Fictions of Journalism in the Age of Trump | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/how-michelle-wolf-blasted-open-the-fictions-of-journalism-in-the-age-of-trump?mbid=nl_Daily%20043018&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13414616&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1382638657&spReportId=MTM4MjYzODY1NwS2Her routine at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner was only as obscene as the Presidency itself. [...]
- How to Talk With Your Dying Loved One — How to Talk With Your Dying Loved One – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-talk-with-your-dying-loved-one-1523891127“I’m not going to be around much longer.” Conversations about death are among the most important, and difficult, we may ever have. Too often, we avoid them, Elizabeth Bernstein writes. [...]