“The last thing I need is another screen in my apartment.” That was my first thought when I heard about Electric Objects, a company that makes digital art displays. Between my 55-inch OLED TV, 34-inch ultra-widescreen PC monitor, MacBook Air, multiple tablets and iPhone 6S, what use would I have for more screens? But after spending some time with the $299 EO2, the company’s latest product, and its accompanying $10-a-month “Art Club” subscription, it wasn’t long before I saw the appeal of a cloud-connected display on my wall.
How I learned to love Electric Objects’ digital art display
- iPhone 8 Review: Not the Upgrade You’... — iPhone 8 Review: Not the Upgrade You’re Looking for – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-8-review-not-the-upgrade-youre-looking-for-1505818800The best thing about the iPhone 8 is that it is entirely avoidable. If you need to have the latest and greatest, wait for the iPhone X. And if you don’t, you can save a chunk of cheese by buying a nearly-as-good iPhone 7. [...]
- Pi can charge multiple iPhones wirele... — Pi can charge multiple iPhones wirelessly from a short distancehttps://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/pi-wireless-charger/Pi, a charger engineered by a team of MIT graduates, uses electromagnetic fields to power iPhones, Android phones, and more over the air. If you’re looking for a truly wireless way to charge your iPhone, the Pi may be your best bet. Pi is available for [...]
- Bitcoin’s Wild Ride Shows The Truth: ... — Bitcoin’s Wild Ride Shows The Truth: It Is Probably Worth Zero – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/bitcoins-wild-ride-shows-the-truth-it-is-probably-worth-zero-1505760623If we assume that Bitcoin will either succeed completely in displacing gold or fail and be worth zero, it helps explain why the digital token has been so incredibly volatile, with a 40% loss in two weeks, and a 33% rebound since Friday’s [...]
- This is your brain on art — This is your brain on art – Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/your-brain-on-art/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_sa-kaufman-1218pm%3Ahomepage%2FstoryWhen we experience art, we feel connected to something larger. Why? If you think about it, having a great time at the theater defies logic in many ways. We’re surrounded by strangers, bombarded with unusual images and often faced with a wordless language of symbols. Yet, on [...]
- Flying to US to get an iPhone X is ch... — Flying to US to get an iPhone X is cheaper than buying in Europe. It’s also illegal | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/14/flying-us-iphone-x-cheaper-than-buying-europe-illegal-hmrc-vat?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=243679&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2HMRC’s rules are clear: you’ve got to pay VAT on your £390-plus US purchases when you fly home, which makes those big savings a lot less appealing [...]