“The last thing I need is another screen in my apartment.” That was my first thought when I heard about Electric Objects, a company that makes digital art displays. Between my 55-inch OLED TV, 34-inch ultra-widescreen PC monitor, MacBook Air, multiple tablets and iPhone 6S, what use would I have for more screens? But after spending some time with the $299 EO2, the company’s latest product, and its accompanying $10-a-month “Art Club” subscription, it wasn’t long before I saw the appeal of a cloud-connected display on my wall.
How I learned to love Electric Objects’ digital art display
- Apple iOS 12 Coming this Fall! — Apple iOS 12: Cheat sheet – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/apple-ios-12-cheat-sheet/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472With iOS 12, Apple adds security features, performance enhancements, Group FaceTime, ARKit 2, and more. Typically Apple holds a special event in mid-to-late September where new iPhone hardware that comes pre-installed with the latest version of iOS is debuted and demoed. I expect that this year will follow a [...]
- Apple’s Most Important WWDC 2018 Anno... — ARKit 2, Privacy, Siri Shortcuts: The Most Important WWDC 2018 News – Varietyhttps://variety.com/2018/digital/news/wwdc-2018-biggest-news-siri-ios-apple-tv-1202829288/“Today is all about software,” proclaimed Apple CEO Tim Cook during the opening keynote for Apple’s 2018 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Jose, Calif., on Monday, setting the stage for a long list of announcements of new features coming to iPhone, iPad, [...]
- Withings to Nokia Digital Health then... — Announcements – Frequently asked questions about the acquisition of Nokia digital health business – Nokiahttps://support.health.nokia.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001422608?utm_campaign=event_201805_el&utm_content=main&utm_medium=email&utm_source=crmNokia wanted to refocus on its networks and licensing activities and so decided to divest its connected health entity. We are delighted to welcome Eric Carreel, the co-founder of Withings, as the head of this now independent entity. The teams at [...]
- What is GDPR and how will it affect d... — [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Why does Instagram want to be so much like its big brother at a time [...]