Marcos has, once again, in 2016 as in 1984, become the issue. President Duterte’s campaign against corruption becomes irrelevant when he allows the government to honor the dictator who stole billions of dollars. His mantra about change becomes a mockery when he seeks to rehabilitate the unrepentant.
Why Marcos IS the dividing line
- 104-year-old scientist, David Goodall... — [...]
- Duterte reads ‘Economics for Dummies’... — A dummy gives a lecture, who’s listening? [...]
- Fascism: A Warning by Madeleine Albri... — A Fascist, observes Madeleine Albright, “is someone who claims to speak for a whole nation or group, is utterly unconcerned with the rights of others, and is willing to use violence and whatever other means are necessary to achieve the goals he or she might have.” Fascism: A Warning: Madeleine Albright: 9780062802187: Amazon.com: Bookshttps://www.amazon.com/Fascism-Warning-Madeleine-Albright/dp/0062802186A personal [...]
- ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP jus... — ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP justified bullying, terrorism as costs of network’s ‘growth’ – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/03/30/maybe-someone-dies-facebook-vp-justified-bullying-terrorism-as-costs-of-growth/?utm_term=.f68a4fac6ba1“Anything that allows us to connect more people more often is *de facto* good,” a vice president wrote in 2016. In a 2016 employee memo that was leaked this week, a Facebook executive defended the company’s questionable data mining [...]
- 19,000-pound Chinese space station fa... — Chinese space station Tiangong-1 falling “uncontrolled” back to Earth – CBS Newshttps://www.cbsnews.com/news/19000-pound-space-station-falling-uncontrolled-back-to-earth/The unmanned space lab named Tiangong-1 is expected to crash back down to Earth at some point in March. China reportedly lost control of the lab nearly two years ago, in June of 2016. The Chinese government later released an estimate that predicted Tiangong-1 [...]