Marcos has, once again, in 2016 as in 1984, become the issue. President Duterte’s campaign against corruption becomes irrelevant when he allows the government to honor the dictator who stole billions of dollars. His mantra about change becomes a mockery when he seeks to rehabilitate the unrepentant.
Why Marcos IS the dividing line
- The death of a Philippine teen was su... — The death of a Philippine teen was supposed to be a turning point for Duterte. But kids keep getting killed. – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/11/the-death-of-a-philippine-teen-was-supposed-to-be-a-turning-point-for-duterte-but-kids-keep-getting-killed/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.76424545cfcaFaced with accusations of out-of-control killings of minors in its war on drugs, the Philippine government accuses shadowy anti-government forces. A Korean businessman murdered inside police headquarters. Anti-drug cops caught holding people [...]
- Duterte’s war on drugs leaves tragic ... — Duterte’s war on drugs leaves tragic legacy for Filipino families – in pictures | Global development | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/global-development/gallery/2017/aug/31/duterte-war-on-drugs-leaves-tragic-legacy-philippines-families-in-picturesSince Rodrigo Duterte became president last year, his brutal campaign against drugs has claimed thousands of lives. Human rights groups say he is guilty of crimes against humanity, yet that is scant comfort to those mourning loved [...]
- Justice for Kian Lloyd de los Santos ... — Justice for Kian Lloyd de los Santos and Other Victims of ‘Genocidal’ Anti-drug Campaignhttps://firstname.lastname@example.org/justice-for-kian-lloyd-de-los-santos-and-other-victims-of-genocidal-anti-drug-campaign-77e3fe580cce“The Philippine PEN Congress of 22 November 2016 expresses grave concern over the mounting number of killings under the anti-drug campaign of the government of President Rodrigo Duterte. It is likewise alarmed that the political rhetoric of President Duterte and his government [...]
- Herrera Bladeless Drone — Herrera Bladeless Drone | Uncratehttps://uncrate.com/article/herrera-bladeless-drone/Winner of a 2016 Red Dot Design Concept award, the Bladeless Drone from Mexico’s Edgar Herrera takes on the two biggest problems with traditional drones: blades and the noise they create. By using a series of air ducts and vents, it achieves flight without the dangers posed by exposed blades. The [...]
- Duterte campaign shirt a sad souvenir... — Let us establish causality: our politicians are not the problem – although it’s all too easy to blame them for our misery. They are merely the manifestation of a much bigger, fundamental problem we have created ourselves: being the uninformed citizenry that elected them to power.* -donvy Duterte campaign shirt a sad souvenir for Mandaluyong family [...]