Marcos has, once again, in 2016 as in 1984, become the issue. President Duterte’s campaign against corruption becomes irrelevant when he allows the government to honor the dictator who stole billions of dollars. His mantra about change becomes a mockery when he seeks to rehabilitate the unrepentant.
Why Marcos IS the dividing line
- Google and Facebook under pressure af... — Google and Facebook under pressure after helping anti-refugee campaign | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/19/google-facebook-anti-refugee-campaign-secure-america-now?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=248723&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Secure America Now received targeted help to efficiently use its millions of dollars in ad-spending ahead of US general election in 2016, reports say [...]
- How to Retire at 40 — How to Retire at 40https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-early-retirement/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsThree early retirees tell their story of living on 4% or less. [...]
- How to Win a War on Drugs — How to Win a War on Drugs – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsDecades ago, the United States and Portugal both struggled with illicit drugs and took decisive action — in diametrically opposite directions. The U.S. cracked down vigorously, spending billions of dollars incarcerating drug users. In contrast, Portugal undertook a monumental experiment: It decriminalized the use [...]
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Fake News Problem I... — Mark Zuckerberg’s Political Awakening – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-21/mark-zuckerberg-s-political-awakeningFacebook has 2 billion users, record profits, vast influence, and big problems in Washington. The Russia investigations complicate Zuckerberg’s efforts to shore up support for Facebook in the wake of a bitter election. Even as the company enjoys record profitability—its market value has more than doubled since 2015, to $500 [...]
- The death of a Philippine teen was su... — The death of a Philippine teen was supposed to be a turning point for Duterte. But kids keep getting killed. – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/11/the-death-of-a-philippine-teen-was-supposed-to-be-a-turning-point-for-duterte-but-kids-keep-getting-killed/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.76424545cfcaFaced with accusations of out-of-control killings of minors in its war on drugs, the Philippine government accuses shadowy anti-government forces. A Korean businessman murdered inside police headquarters. Anti-drug cops caught holding people [...]