A decade after wowing the world with the most successful nature documentary to date, the BBC is about to release the sequel Planet Earth II. Much like its predecessor, the new 6-part series uses some of the latest camera tech for breathtaking and unprecedented cinematography of the natural world.
New Camera Tech Changes Perceptions of the Natural World in ‘Planet Earth II’
- 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles... — 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles as Casket – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/3d-printed-euthanasia-machine-doubles-as-casket-1725317/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleEuthanasia may sound like a nice alternative to 2017. And, thanks to Dr. Death himself, it’s about to get a lot easier. All you need is a 3D printer, some open space, and a death wish. Philip Nitschke, founder of pro-euthanasia group Exit International, recently unveiled plans for [...]
- 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet — 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/340440/15-tech-gifts-for-your-pampered-pet?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleIn 1994, US owners of dogs, cats, and other household pets spent a measly $17 billion on their furry friends, according to the American Pet Products Association. As of 2016, companion animal spending was up to $66.75 billion, a number that’s expected to jump to $69.36 billion [...]
- The Movi Phone Stabilizer Will Make A... — https://www.wired.com/story/freefly-movi-gimbal/?mbid=nl_120617_daily_list3_p4The Movi, a stabilizing gimbal for shooting mobile video, is powered by some advanced software. Like any gimbal, it holds your camera still while you’re filming and mitigates bumps and shakes. A pair of motors inside the hand-held unit work to keep the phone from bouncing around while recording, and some nifty software keeps the [...]
- JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Ra... — JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Race, But Who Wins? – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/jpl-pits-human-against-ai-in-drone-race-but-who-wins-1724472/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleResearchers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory recently conducted the ultimate test of artificial versus human intelligence: drone racing. JPL capped off two years of drone autonomy research (funded by Google) with an October competition between their AI and world-class pilot Ken Loo. [...]
- Initial Release of Mozilla’s Open Sou... — Announcing the Initial Release of Mozilla’s Open Source Speech Recognition Model and Voice Dataset – The Mozilla Bloghttps://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/11/29/announcing-the-initial-release-of-mozillas-open-source-speech-recognition-model-and-voice-dataset/?ref=donvy.comInitial release of Mozilla’s open source speech recognition model that has an accuracy approaching what humans can perceive when listening to the same recordings. We are also releasing the world’s second largest publicly available voice dataset, which was [...]