This year Adobe’s MAX conference brought a lot of exciting news and product updates. While there is nothing out of the extraordinary in the updates for Photoshop and Illustrator, the Creative Cloud received a significant boost in creativity and an AI personality. The star of Adobe Max 2016 is Adobe Sensei, an advanced machine learning AI.
Adobe’s MAX conference 2016
- iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 coo... — iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 cool hidden features – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-face-id-cool-hidden-features/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756And we don’t mean selfie portraits or animated poop. Apple’s least-flashy use for Face ID may be its most convenient for phone owners, because in order to benefit from it, you won’t have to do anything at all. This subtler part of Face [...]
- Snapchat filters for funerals? Yes, t... — Snapchat filters for funerals? Yes, that’s really a thing – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/snapchat-filters-for-funerals-yes-thats-really-a-thing/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Many people set up special filters for birthdays, graduations and weddings. Funerals are just a logical, if unusual, next step. Snapchat has this geofilter, typically silly or cartoony digital images and words that highlight your location. This time, Buchanan created a custom one for her [...]
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Fake News Problem I... — Mark Zuckerberg’s Political Awakening – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-21/mark-zuckerberg-s-political-awakeningFacebook has 2 billion users, record profits, vast influence, and big problems in Washington. The Russia investigations complicate Zuckerberg’s efforts to shore up support for Facebook in the wake of a bitter election. Even as the company enjoys record profitability—its market value has more than doubled since 2015, to $500 [...]
- Facebook Hands Over 3K Russia-Linked ... — News: Facebook Hands Over 3K Russia-Linked Ads to Congresshttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/17556/facebook-hands-over-3k-russia-linked-ads-to-congressFacebook initially shared details about the ads with former FBI director Robert Mueller’s special counsel, but did not provide Congress with as much data, citing privacy concerns. The decision to provide Congress with that data came after “an extensive legal and policy review,” Elliot Schrage, VP of [...]
- Gab is suing Google for allegedly vio... — Gab is suing Google for allegedly violating antitrust laws – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/09/15/gab-is-suing-google-for-allegedly-violating-antitrust-laws/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-technology%3Ahomepage%2FcardThe lawsuit is the latest salvo in a battle pitting right-leaning technologists against Silicon Valley giants. Gab alleges in the lawsuit that “Google deprives competitors, on a discriminatory basis, of access to the App Store, which an essential facility or resource.” [...]