There’s plenty of blame to go around, but the list of actors has to start with Facebook. And for all its wonders — reaching nearly 2 billion people each month, driving more traffic and attention to news than anything else on earth — it’s also become a single point of failure for civic information.
- These robots don’t want your job. The... — These robots don’t want your job. They want your love. – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/17/these-robots-dont-want-your-job-they-want-your-love/?utm_term=.81895b15df1eThe robots are coming … for a hug. Say hello to Jibo and Kuri. [...]
- Self-Driving Car Tech Can Help Anothe... — https://www.wired.com/story/self-driving-car-tech-can-help-another-form-of-transport-wheelchairs/?mbid=nl_111817_daily_list3_p2Opinion: The tech exists and is affordable. The main obstacle is a lack of investment. [...]
- Detroit’s marginalized communit... — Ignored by big telecom, Detroit’s marginalized communities are building their own internet – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/ignored-by-big-telecom-detroits-marginalized-communities-are-building-their-own-internet/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=2717090538074405413031568553875640 percent of Detroit residents don’t have any access to internet at all. [...]
- Apple Park: Normal people like you ca... — Apple Park Visitor Center opens to the public – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/apple-park-visitor-center-ar-augmented-reality-open-to-public/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Apple’s new visitor center opened to the public Friday, complete with special schwag and an AR-enabled model of the spaceship campus. [...]
- The Zuckerberg delusion — The Zuckerberg delusion – Financial Times – Mediumhttps://medium.com/financial-times/the-zuckerberg-delusion-5d427c5d699aFacebook founder is a digital superstar, but he has poor human skills. SaveSave SaveSave [...]