Most of us were about to attend our own funerals this Friday. Shocked? Well, this sounds awkward but a Facebook bug just mistakenly memorialized some of its users’ page, suggesting that they are dead and urging to remember them to everyone who stops by.
- Facebook’s war on free will — Facebook’s war on free will | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/19/facebooks-war-on-free-will?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsThe long read: How technology is making our minds redundant [...]
- To Fix Its Toxic Ad Problem, Facebook... — https://www.wired.com/story/to-fix-its-toxic-ad-problem-facebook-must-break-itself?mbid=nl_091817_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Facebook stress-tests its tech. It could do the same for its moral compass. IT IS A sure sign that Facebook’s algorithms have run amok when they allow anyone to target ads to people with an expressed interest in burning Jews. Likewise, when Russians can sow chaos in American elections by purchasing thousands of phony Facebook [...]
- Facebook allowed advertisers to targe... — Facebook allowed advertisers to target anti-Semiteshttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/15/facebook-anti-semitic-ads/Facebook ad network’s algorithm apparently recognized “Jew hater” as a valid ad category. [...]
- The death of Amazon’s 1-Click patent ... — The death of Amazon’s 1-Click patent could save shoppers – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-death-of-amazons-1-click-patent-could-save-shoppers/A key Amazon patent that got you into online shopping expires Tuesday, giving a chance for rival retailers to make online shopping much easier. [...]
- The death of a Philippine teen was su... — The death of a Philippine teen was supposed to be a turning point for Duterte. But kids keep getting killed. – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/11/the-death-of-a-philippine-teen-was-supposed-to-be-a-turning-point-for-duterte-but-kids-keep-getting-killed/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.76424545cfcaFaced with accusations of out-of-control killings of minors in its war on drugs, the Philippine government accuses shadowy anti-government forces. A Korean businessman murdered inside police headquarters. Anti-drug cops caught holding people [...]