Most of us were about to attend our own funerals this Friday. Shocked? Well, this sounds awkward but a Facebook bug just mistakenly memorialized some of its users’ page, suggesting that they are dead and urging to remember them to everyone who stops by.
- The Zuckerberg delusion — The Zuckerberg delusion – Financial Times – Mediumhttps://medium.com/financial-times/the-zuckerberg-delusion-5d427c5d699aFacebook founder is a digital superstar, but he has poor human skills. SaveSave SaveSave [...]
- The Motherboard Guide to Not Getting ... — The Motherboard Guide to Not Getting Hacked – Motherboardhttps://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/d3devm/motherboard-guide-to-not-getting-hacked-online-safety-guide?utm_campaign=pockethits&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pocketDo you want to stop criminals from getting into your Gmail or Facebook account? Are you worried about the cops spying on you? We have all the answers on how to protect yourself. SaveSave [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- Sean Parker unloads on Facebook ̶... — Sean Parker unloads on Facebook “exploiting” human weaknesshttps://www.axios.com/sean-parker-unloads-on-facebook-2508036343.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsSean Parker, the founding president of Facebook, gave me a candid insider’s look at how social networks purposely hook and potentially hurt our brains. “I don’t know if I really understood the consequences of what I was saying, because [of] the unintended consequences of a network when it [...]
- Actual Reasons I’d Like to Add You to... — Actual Reasons I’d Like to Add You to My Professional Network on LinkedIn | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/actual-reasons-id-like-to-add-you-to-my-professional-network-on-linkedin?mbid=nl_Daily%20111117&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=12335506&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1281013646&spReportId=MTI4MTAxMzY0NgS2I’m your mother. You won’t accept me as your friend on Facebook, so I’m trying here. Nice pic! [...]