The Verge said it perfectly: “If Black Mirror could be summed up in one sentence, it’d probably be ‘Technology is exciting, but people are awful, and they keep finding the worst ways to apply it.’” If you’re a fan of the show, you might think it’s an interesting glimpse into the future. But, some of the technology you see throughout the series already exists in nascent stages. The six products mentioned will give you a taste of a future that’s already here.
Black Mirror Tech That’s Already Here!
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV ad... — ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV adaptation coming to Amazon – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/lord-of-the-rings-tv-adaptation-coming-to-amazon/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Amazon gets a multi-season commitment for a series that’ll explore new story lines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic novel. [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- Everything you wanted to know about b... — Everything you wanted to know about bitcoin but were afraid to ask | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/11/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-bitcoin-but-were-to-afraid-to-ask-cryptocurrencies?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=251943&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The value of cryptocurrencies is rising fast. But is it sustainable? And how does it work, anyway? These questions, and many more, answered… [...]
- No, Facebook isn’t spying on yo... — No, Facebook isn’t spying on you. At least not with the microphone | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/09/facebook-spying-on-you-microphone-creepy-data-conspiracy-theories?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=251658&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The sheer volume of data Facebook has on you is difficult to comprehend, which makes it incredibly creepy – and ripe for conspiracy theories. The unsettling ability of Facebook to make accurate guesses based on what feels like barely [...]
- Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Kill... — Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Killer Series: Production on David Fincher’s ‘Mindhunter’ | Creative Planet Networkhttp://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/shoot/netflix-delivers-killer-serial-killer-series-production-david-finchers-mindhunter/619627The first masterpiece from filmmaker David Fincher was his feature film Se7en, a procedural featuring one of the most memorable serial killers ever committed to celluloid. Ten years ago he returned this dark territory with Zodiac, an adaptation of the [...]