If there’s anything worse than dying itself, it’s dying and then having to deal with a bunch of financial problems while they grieve for you. And it’s a lot harder to worry about that stuff when you know a big fat check is coming in the mail.
- The Equifax hack and how to protect y... — The Equifax hack and how to protect your family — all explained in 5 minuteshttps://medium.freecodecamp.org/the-equifax-hack-and-how-to-protect-your-family-all-explained-in-5-minutes-a2b5187cb6c0In 1989, the US government decided to concentrate our most sensitive data in the hands of three giant finance corporations: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. These three corporations now store our biographic information, every address we’ve ever lived at, and every major [...]
- The death of Amazon’s 1-Click patent ... — The death of Amazon’s 1-Click patent could save shoppers – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-death-of-amazons-1-click-patent-could-save-shoppers/A key Amazon patent that got you into online shopping expires Tuesday, giving a chance for rival retailers to make online shopping much easier. [...]
- The death of a Philippine teen was su... — The death of a Philippine teen was supposed to be a turning point for Duterte. But kids keep getting killed. – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/11/the-death-of-a-philippine-teen-was-supposed-to-be-a-turning-point-for-duterte-but-kids-keep-getting-killed/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-world%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.76424545cfcaFaced with accusations of out-of-control killings of minors in its war on drugs, the Philippine government accuses shadowy anti-government forces. A Korean businessman murdered inside police headquarters. Anti-drug cops caught holding people [...]
- Questions for Me About Dying — Questions for Me About Dying | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/questions-for-me-about-dying?mbid=nl_170801_Daily&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11603123&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1220083846&spReportId=MTIyMDA4Mzg0NgS2No, there is nothing good about dying. It is sad beyond belief. But it is part of life, and there is no escaping it. [...]
- There’s an unforeseen benefit t... — There's an unforeseen benefit to California's physician-assisted death law – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/health/la-me-end-of-life-care-20170821-htmlstory.htmlSome doctors in California felt uncomfortable last year when a new law began allowing terminally ill patients to request lethal medicines, saying their careers had been dedicated to saving lives, not ending them. Doctors say California’s End of Life Option Act has improved medical [...]