If there’s anything worse than dying itself, it’s dying and then having to deal with a bunch of financial problems while they grieve for you. And it’s a lot harder to worry about that stuff when you know a big fat check is coming in the mail.
- Giving Open-Source Projects Life Afte... — https://www.wired.com/story/giving-open-source-projects-life-after-a-developers-death/?mbid=nl_110617_daily_list1_p2Open-source software is increasingly popular, but some modules rely on just a single developer. What happens when they die? [...]
- Gaudí opening to lead Barcelona’s tou... — Gaudí opening to lead Barcelona’s tourism comeback | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/nov/03/barcelona-catalonia-tourism-antonio-gaudi-house-casa-vicens-opening?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=250837&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Brand Barcelona’s comeback begins with a contribution from its heaviest hitter: Antoni Gaudí. Almost a century after his death, the architect of La Sagrada Familia is still synonymous with the city. On 16 November, Gaudí’s first house, Casa Vicens, begun in 1883, will open [...]
- Get an Apple Watch for $25 (by Workin... — News: Get an Apple Watch for $25 (by Working Out)http://sea.pcmag.com/news/17987/get-an-apple-watch-for-25-by-working-outLife insurer John Hancock is offering all new and existing Vitality life insurance policyholders the Apple Watch Series 3 for $25, as long as they work out regularly. [...]
- ‘Grandma is dead’: five tips for talk... — ‘Grandma is dead’: five tips for talking to children about death | Life and style | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/23/grandma-is-dead-five-tips-for-talking-to-children-about-death?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=249236&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2A study suggests watching Disney and Pixar films can help start conversations about mortality with young people, who tend to grieve differently to adults [...]
- The Equifax hack and how to protect y... — The Equifax hack and how to protect your family — all explained in 5 minuteshttps://medium.freecodecamp.org/the-equifax-hack-and-how-to-protect-your-family-all-explained-in-5-minutes-a2b5187cb6c0In 1989, the US government decided to concentrate our most sensitive data in the hands of three giant finance corporations: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. These three corporations now store our biographic information, every address we’ve ever lived at, and every major [...]