There are plenty of tips and anecdotes and case studies and advice for “Creatives,” and a lot of it is very good stuff, but sometimes it feels like too much to digest. I thought I would focus on some base elements. Eight simple, maybe obvious things that are worth remembering.
8 Things Every Creative Should Know
- Ethical Design: The Practical Getting... — Ethical Design: The Practical Getting-Started Guide — Smashing Magazinehttps://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/03/ethical-design-practical-getting-started-guide/?ref=donvy.comAs designers and developers, we have an obligation to build experiences that are better than the norm where design features are meticulously being built to exploit human behavior and make us addicts of social media. This article explains how unethical design happens, and how to do ethical [...]
- The WIRED Guide to Hyperloop — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-hyperloop/Everything you ever wanted to know about Elon Musk’s fever-dream train-in-a-tube. [...]
- The WIRED Guide to the Blockchain — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-blockchain/It’s super secure and slightly hard to understand, but the idea of creating tamper-proof databases has captured the attention of everyone from anarchist techies to staid bankers. [...]
- The WIRED Guide to Drones — https://www.wired.com/story/guide-drones/Everything you need to know about the tiny flyers that are going to fill the skies, transforming entire industries for the better—and worse. [...]
- Ways to Save in 2018 — https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/travel/ways-to-save-budget-2018.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=mini-moth®ion=top-stories-below&WT.nav=top-stories-below&_r=0Eight tips to help keep your travel expenses nominal and your wallet fat this year. SaveSave [...]