The latest Black Mirror series from Charlie Brooker presents, despite its transition to Netflix, another unsettling collection of future shock nightmares drawn from consumer technology and social media trends. The second episode, Playtest, has an American tourist lured to a British game development studio to test a new augmented-reality horror game that engages directly with each player’s brain via a biorobotic implant. The AI program mines the character’s darkest fears and manifests them into the real-world as photorealistic graphics. Inevitably, terror and mental breakdown follow.
- Facebook is under fire and may face f... — Facebook is under fire and may face fines — again — for potentially mishandling users’ data – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/06/04/facebook-is-under-fire-and-may-face-fines-once-again-for-potentially-mishandling-users-data/?utm_term=.a5c5bd18f223Facebook’s arrangements with Amazon, Apple, BlackBerry and Samsung that allowed their devices to access data from the social network’s users could further expose Facebook to steep fines and other penalties. [...]
- European lawmakers told Mark Zuckerbe... — European lawmakers told Mark Zuckerberg they could regulate — or break up — Facebook – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/05/22/zuckerberg-european-parliament-facebook-testimony/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.da7dec2dfcd2Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg is set to field tough questions Tuesday from European policymakers who are investigating the social network’s recent privacy mishaps. [...]
- 18 Twitter Accounts Every Web Designe... — 18 Twitter Accounts Every Web Designer Should Follow in 2018 | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2018/05/18-twitter-accounts-every-web-designer-should-follow-in-2018/?ref=donvy.comWhen you think about social media marketing for your web design business, you may be inclined to focus on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Dribbble. After all, visuals play a major part in the conversations that take place there and you are [...]
- Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disru... — Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disruptive, Negative Accounts – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/twitter-to-reduce-visibility-of-disruptive-negative-accountsTwitter Inc. is taking another step to reduce the amount of harmful content on its site, this time expanding the effort beyond users who explicitly break the social network’s rules. [...]
- Human or bot? Google Duplex scares — Human or bot? Google Duplex scares me – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-duplex-assistant-bot-deception-scary-ethics-question/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756In this age of disinformation, where fake news thrives and the public has trust issues with technology, Google designed a machine that can deceive humans. Gosh, what could go wrong? [...]