The Reaper comes for us all, of course, but he was in no hurry for Mrs. Calment. She died at age 122, setting a record for human longevity.
What’s the Longest Humans Can Live? 115 Years, New Study Says
- Net States Rule the World; We Need to... — https://www.wired.com/story/net-states-rule-the-world-we-need-to-recognize-their-power/?mbid=nl_110417_daily_list3_p4Opinion: The world is no longer dominated by nations. We’re in a non-state, net-state era. Because the world is no longer neatly divided into states (countries like the US, France, and India) and non-states (terrorist organizations like ISIS and al Qaeda). [...]
- WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to b... — WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to ban petrol and diesel cars | WIRED UKhttp://www.wired.co.uk/article/wired-awake-070717?mbid=nl_7717_p10&CNDID=49046367France’s environment minister has outlined plans to eliminate petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, memory sales have driven Samsung’s biggest ever quarterly profit, Google-backed journalism fund invests in robot reporters for the UK, you’re about to get more control over your [...]
- France’s historical national library ... — France’s historical national library reopens its doors to the public after 10 years of renovation | DesignFaveshttps://www.designfaves.com/2017/05/frances-historical-national-library-reopens-its-doors-to-the-public-after-10-years-of-renovation#refnlThe national library only finished its Phase 1 and is expected to be completed in 2020 but visitors can now already enter the premises and admire the outstanding additions to the historical building. [...]
- Historic plans and drawings from the ... — Historic plans and drawings from the Nazi era available online at the Library of Congress | DesignFaveshttp://www.designfaves.com/2017/03/historic-plans-and-drawings-from-the-nazi-era-available-online-at-the-library-of-congress#refnlRoman Totenberg, a Polish violinist, was an immigrant who came to America in 1938. At the time, Europe was widely antisemitic, thanks to the influences of Nazi Germany. Totenberg put in a lot of effort to make sure his [...]
- Wearable Communication — France Telecom R&D: The optical fiber screen displays animated visual information such as texts or pictograms. Our latest prototype comes in the shape of a wide belt that can be worn on top of clothing or be integrated into an item of clothing or a backpack. [...]