“The Original” runs close to 75 minutes, and needs nearly every minute of that running time to properly introduce its sprawling cast of characters(*), explain how the park works — and the ways in which it’s beginning to not work — and begin laying out the underlying themes of the world that interest Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy. The repetitive nature of the lives of the robotic “hosts” — basically, a Groundhog Day told from the point of view of one of the Punxsutawney residents who are oblivious to the time loop — is important to the story Nolan and Joy are telling, and require additional time to properly establish here at the beginning, but it makes the premiere something of a slog, and a deliberately disorienting one.
Review: Did the ‘Westworld’ premiere live up to expectations?
- Reolink Argus review: An adaptable an... — Reolink Argus review: An adaptable and affordable home security camera | TechConnecthttp://www.techconnect.com/article/3218146/security-cameras/reolink-argus-review.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-08-25This completely wireless indoor/outdoor camera delivers just the essential security features for a modest price. [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- OnePlus 5 review: as fast and smooth ... — OnePlus 5 review: as fast and smooth as Google Pixel, without the price tag | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/20/oneplus-5-review-fast-smooth-google-pixel-price-smartphone?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231601&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2New smartphone continues phone’s USP of refined metal design and fluid user experience, but it’s not quite the bargain its predecessors were [...]
- The iPhone Is 10 Years Old. Here’s th... — The iPhone Is 10 Years Old. Here’s the Story of Its Birth. – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/books/review/one-device-secret-history-iphone-brian-merchant.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0Apple’s culture of reverence and secrecy is no match for Brian Merchant in “The One Device: The Secret History of the iPhone.” [...]
- Best Media Streamers of 2017 — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Is Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? “The Circle” serves as a cautionary tale for mainstream audiences but probably won’t surprise the tech savvy. [...]