Forster’s thriller is just one of 11,000 novels that researchers including Oriol Vinyals and Andrew M Dai at Google Brain have been using to improve the technology giant’s conversational style. After feeding these books into a neural network, the system was able to generate fluent, natural-sounding sentences. According to a Google spokesman – who didn’t want to be named – products such as the Google app will be “much more useful if they can capture the nuance of language better”.
- Inside the First Church of Artificial... — https://www.wired.com/story/anthony-levandowski-artificial-intelligence-religion/?mbid=nl_111617_daily_list1_p2The engineer at the heart of the Uber/Waymo lawsuit is serious about his AI religion. Welcome to Anthony Levandowski’s Way of the Future. [...]
- AI Can Help Apple Watch Predict High ... — https://www.wired.com/story/ai-can-help-apple-watch-predict-high-blood-pressure-sleep-apnea/?mbid=nl_111417_daily_list3_p3A new study finds that the heart-rate sensor in an Apple Watch can suggest health problems, adding to its allure. [...]
- 8 traditional office tools you can re... — 8 traditional office tools you can replace with AI – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/8-traditional-office-tools-you-can-replace-with-ai/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Nearly everything in an office, from scanners to windows, can be upgraded to a smarter, automated option. Here are eight examples. SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- Without Humans, Artificial Intelligen... — Without Humans, Artificial Intelligence Is Still Pretty Stupid – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/without-humans-artificial-intelligence-is-still-pretty-stupid-1510488000?mg=prod/accounts-wsjWhether it’s winning at games like Go or keeping watch for Russian influence operations, the best AI-powered systems require humans to play an active role in their creation, tending and operation. Just take a look at Facebook Inc.’s recent experimental remedy for revenge porn: To stop [...]