California-based startup LIFX has released a new version of its light bulbs that is far more ahead of regular smart bulbs. Instead of just smarten up your home’s lighting; the new bulb wants to smarten up something else, your security camera.
LIFX’s new smart bulb comes as an aid to your security camera
- iOS 11: Release date, best features, ... — iOS 11: Release date, best features, tips and download – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/ios-11-release-date-best-features-tips-download-september-19/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756iOS 11 will be available September 19, likely around 10 a.m. PT, if Apple follows its usual release schedule. Until then, bookmark this page, add it to your home screen or write it on a sticky note and keep checking back. [...]
- This is your brain on art — This is your brain on art – Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/your-brain-on-art/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_sa-kaufman-1218pm%3Ahomepage%2FstoryWhen we experience art, we feel connected to something larger. Why? If you think about it, having a great time at the theater defies logic in many ways. We’re surrounded by strangers, bombarded with unusual images and often faced with a wordless language of symbols. Yet, on [...]
- Flying to US to get an iPhone X is ch... — Flying to US to get an iPhone X is cheaper than buying in Europe. It’s also illegal | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/14/flying-us-iphone-x-cheaper-than-buying-europe-illegal-hmrc-vat?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=243679&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2HMRC’s rules are clear: you’ve got to pay VAT on your £390-plus US purchases when you fly home, which makes those big savings a lot less appealing [...]
- IKEA’s Place app for iOS previe... — IKEA’s Place app for iOS previews furniture in your homehttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/12/ikea-place-augmented-reality-app/IKEA’s new augmented reality app shows how furniture will fit in your own home. The app is free, but the dependence on ARKit logically means you’ll need to wait for iOS 11 (IKEA didn’t say whether or not there will be an Android version using ARCore). [...]
- How Secure Is the iPhone X’s Fa... — https://www.wired.com/story/iphone-x-faceid-security?mbid=nl_091217_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Someone will break FaceID. But it won’t be easy. [...]