From CultOfMac: The Squito is a rugged ball with a panoramic camera inside, and it’s designed to be thrown. What’s more, it’s stabilized, and has sensors so it knows where it is and which way it’s facing. The obvious use is to toss it in the air and grab some neat selfies, but you could use it for more serious applications too: making a quick accurate map of a construction site, say, or — I don’t know – making an awesome selfie? I can’t really think of anything else.
Squito, A Throwable Panoramic Camera
- Drone With Event Camera Takes First A... — Drone With Event Camera Takes First Autonomous Flight – IEEE Spectrumhttps://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/drones/drone-with-event-camera-takes-first-autonomous-flightInspired by insect eyes, this camera helps drones move fast and reliably. Event cameras work differently than conventional ones. Instead of recording what a scene looks like, event cameras record how a scene changes. Point them at a scene that isn’t moving and they won’t [...]
- This Timelapse Was Made by Flying a D... — This Timelapse Was Made by Flying a Drone in Giant Circleshttps://petapixel.com/2017/11/13/timelapse-made-flying-drone-giant-circles/Need a dose of inspiration for your aerial drone imagery? This 3-minute film of drone footage from Hong Kong-based production company Visual Suspect will provide it. It was shot by fixing the drone’s camera on a landmark while the drone flies around it in giant [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- 9 Must-Have Features For Magazine-Sty... — 9 Must-Have Features For Magazine-Style Blogs | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2017/11/9-must-have-features-for-magazine-style-blogs/?ref=donvy.comOnline blogs have morphed into digital publications with every major print brand running its own website. These blogs usually take the form of a digital magazine which looks much more professional than a smaller personal site. But what goes into a magazine layout? And how can you [...]
- The psychology of Web design: How col... — The psychology of Web design: How colors, typefaces and spacing affect your moodhttps://thenextweb.com/dd/2014/10/22/psychology-web-design/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsA great web design is so much more than just delivering content and making it look good. When visitors come to your site, they produce a set of feelings about your website and your organization. The type of feelings they produce – positive [...]