From thefrt.com: The view that religious belief will give way to atheism is known as the secularization thesis. The specific version favored is known as the existential security hypothesis. The basic idea is that as people become more affluent, they are less worried about lacking for basic necessities, or dying early from violence or disease. In other words they are secure in their own existence. They do not feel the need to appeal to supernatural entities to calm their fears and insecurities.
Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038?
- American Express adds B2B blockchain ... — American Express adds B2B blockchain payments for faster transfers, added security – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/american-express-adds-b2b-blockchain-payments-for-faster-transfers-added-security/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472The new payment method is only available for US businesses sending money to businesses banking with Santander UK, but may roll out to other clients. [...]
- iOS 11 gets emoji, security update ah... — iOS 11 gets emoji, security update ahead of iPhone X launch – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/apple-ios-11-1-software-iphone-x-8-8-plus-emojis-apple-watch-watchos/Along with iOS 11.1, you also can download WatchOS 4.1 to access streaming music and a new Radio app. [...]
- Apple releases macOS 10.13.1 High Sie... — Apple releases macOS 10.13.1 High Sierra update | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3235181/macs/apple-releases-macos-10-13-1-high-sierra-update.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-10-31&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-10-31&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlIf you’re really into emoji, you need this update. It includes 70 new ones. There’s also a fix for the KRACK Wi-Fi security flaw. [...]
- Google’s ‘Advanced Protec... — https://www.wired.com/story/google-advanced-protection-locks-down-accounts?mbid=nl_101717_daily_list1_p1Google offers a powerful new security setting aimed its most (rightfully) paranoid users. [...]
- Security News This Week: Go Update Yo... — https://www.wired.com/story/update-macos-high-sierra-security-patch?mbid=nl_100717_dailyHigh Sierra 10.13 had two disappointing credential security bugs at launch, but Apple says that both have been patched in this update. [...]