From thefrt.com: The view that religious belief will give way to atheism is known as the secularization thesis. The specific version favored is known as the existential security hypothesis. The basic idea is that as people become more affluent, they are less worried about lacking for basic necessities, or dying early from violence or disease. In other words they are secure in their own existence. They do not feel the need to appeal to supernatural entities to calm their fears and insecurities.
Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038?
- Best Vision of the Future (Smart City... — Meanwhile, our 17-year-old Manila Metro Rail Transit System also known as the MRT Line 3, MRT-3 or Metrostar Express, which only has one line and 13 stations, is finding it hard to keep up with the rapid backwards acceleration towards the Middle Ages this country has recently been so adamant to pursue. Remember: murder bad, [...]
- What You Need to Know as a Traveler i... — What You Need to Know as a Traveler in 2018 – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/what-you-need-to-know-as-a-traveler-in-2018-1514989508Get ready for tighter plane seats, new security procedures and the completion of a major merger. [...]
- Snowden’s New App Turns Your Ph... — https://www.wired.com/story/snowden-haven-app-turns-phone-into-home-security-system/?CNDID=49046367&mbid=nl_122217_daily_list1_p1The NSA leaker’s latest project aims to secure your computer—and you—from not just digital but physical attacks. One of the world’s most well-known activists against digital surveillance has released what’s intended to be a cheap, mobile, and flexible version of a physical security system. On Friday, the Freedom of the Press Foundation and its president, [...]
- Remo+ Doorcam review: This wireless s... — Remo+ Doorcam review | TechConnecthttps://www.techconnect.com/article/3240985/security-cameras/remo-doorcam-review.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-12-19This easy-to-install alternative to a doorbell cam alerts you to visitors and lets you talk with them even when you’re not at home. SaveSave [...]
- Buggy software could tarnish Apple’s ... — Buggy software could tarnish Apple’s sterling reputationhttps://www.cultofmac.com/517053/hey-apple-fix-your-crappy-software/Apple built its trillion-dollar reputation delivering beautiful hardware that turned tedious tasks into magical experiences. But a recent string of ridiculous bugs — and a seriously shocking security flaw — put Cupertino in a precarious position: If Apple doesn’t stop the screw-ups, it could permanently sully its good name. [...]