From thefrt.com: The view that religious belief will give way to atheism is known as the secularization thesis. The specific version favored is known as the existential security hypothesis. The basic idea is that as people become more affluent, they are less worried about lacking for basic necessities, or dying early from violence or disease. In other words they are secure in their own existence. They do not feel the need to appeal to supernatural entities to calm their fears and insecurities.
Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038?
- 12 Things You Should Delete From Your... — [...]
- Apple iOS 12 Coming this Fall! — Apple iOS 12: Cheat sheet – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/apple-ios-12-cheat-sheet/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472With iOS 12, Apple adds security features, performance enhancements, Group FaceTime, ARKit 2, and more. Typically Apple holds a special event in mid-to-late September where new iPhone hardware that comes pre-installed with the latest version of iOS is debuted and demoed. I expect that this year will follow a [...]
- This AI Can Clone Any Voice, Includin... — This is why you’re supposed to run and scream, “No!” to Shitty-bank (Citibank) Philippines’ ‘voice password’ offer as a “security measure.” </donvy> [...]
- Report: Facebook gave data to Chinese... — [...]
- Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilit... — Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilities Require You To Take Action Now | Electronic Frontier Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-nowUPDATE (5/14/18): More information has been released. See EFF’s more detailed explanation and analysis here.A group of European security researchers have released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of PGP and S/MIME. EFF has been in communication with [...]