One of the hottest talents in Hollywood today, JJ Abrams talks to Mark Kermode about his latest turn at the helm of the Starship Enterprise, his lifelong love of filmmaking and the passion for mystery that lies at the heart of everything he does. New York born Abrams has conquered both television and film, bringing landmark TV series Lost to the small screen while collaborating with film industry royalty Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg for box office hits Mission: Impossible III and Super 8. Self-confessed geek and ultimate fan boy, Jeffrey Jacob Abrams is about to take on the daunting task of directing the new Star Wars film. In this programme JJ takes Mark on an exclusive tour of Bad Robot, the top secret Los Angeles hub of his production company and provides a rare glimpse into where the magic happens.
The Magic Tricks of JJ Abrams: A Culture Show Special
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV ad... — ‘Lord of the Rings’ TV adaptation coming to Amazon – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/lord-of-the-rings-tv-adaptation-coming-to-amazon/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Amazon gets a multi-season commitment for a series that’ll explore new story lines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic novel. [...]
- Los Angeles Street Art — Los Angeles Street Art – Steve Mnich – Mediumhttps://medium.com/@stevemnich/los-angeles-street-art-f1e12b764bf3Few cities around the world offer a landscape as sprawling, cultured and creative as the urban canvas of Los Angeles. SaveSave [...]
- Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Kill... — Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Killer Series: Production on David Fincher’s ‘Mindhunter’ | Creative Planet Networkhttp://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/shoot/netflix-delivers-killer-serial-killer-series-production-david-finchers-mindhunter/619627The first masterpiece from filmmaker David Fincher was his feature film Se7en, a procedural featuring one of the most memorable serial killers ever committed to celluloid. Ten years ago he returned this dark territory with Zodiac, an adaptation of the [...]
- Meet Your New Data-Driven Travel Agen... — Meet Your New Data-Driven Travel Agent – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/travel/meet-your-next-travel-agent-diy-artificial-intelligence.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&_r=1DIY travel booking gets a helping hand from new services — some of them based on artificial intelligence — that help refine your choice of destinations, hotels and flights. [...]
- Walter Isaacson’s ‘Leonardo da Vinci’... — Walter Isaacson’s ‘Leonardo da Vinci’ Is the Portrait of a Real Renaissance Man – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/books/review-leonardo-da-vinci-biography-walter-isaacson.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&_r=0Isaacson’s latest biography of a celebrated visionary captures the perfectionist, misser of deadlines and remarkably prescient genius. [...]