A documentary exploring the cultural impact of Star Trek and chronicling the history of one of the world’s most successful television series. There have been four incarnations of the TV series, and seven films; the merchandise franchise is worth an estimated four billion dollars. Leonard Nimoy, Patrick Stewart, Nichelle Nichols and other stars reflect on the programme’s significance and contemplate its future on TV.
The Star Trek Story
- ‘Altered Carbon’: Underst... — ‘Altered Carbon’: The New Netflix Series, Explained | Hollywood Reporterhttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/altered-carbon-new-netflix-series-explained-1081140From executive producer and showrunner Laeta Kalogridis, and based on an original 2002 novel written by author Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon takes place in a far future world where mankind has captured immortality like lightning in a bottle — or high-tech devices in the back [...]
- The fire and fury of TV satirist Sama... — ‘I’ve gone full witch’: the fire and fury of TV satirist Samantha Bee | Culture | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/jan/27/ive-gone-full-witch-the-fire-and-fury-of-tv-satirist-samantha-bee?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The former Daily Show host turned acidic critic of modern America talks digital cleanses, diversifying the newsroom and the hope of the #metoo movement. SaveSave [...]
- Ancient Civilizations – Season ... — “Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn’t believing. It’s where belief stops, because it isn’t needed anymore.” -Terry Pratchett Ancient Civilizations – Season 1, Episode 6: Into the Great Pyramid – TV.comhttp://www.tv.com/shows/ancient-civilizations/into-the-great-pyramid-2329831/Noted Egyptologist Zahi Al-Hawass showcases the most up-to-date archaeological work going on in Egypt and reveals new discoveries that may shed light on some of [...]
- This is what a 50-qubit quantum compu... — This is what a 50-qubit quantum computer looks likehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/this-is-what-a-50-qubit-quantum-computer-looks-like/From afar, it looks like a steampunk chandelier. An intricate collection of tubes and wires that culminate in a small steel cylinder at the bottom. It is, in fact, one of the most sophisticated quantum computers ever built. The processor inside has 50 quantum bits, or qubits, [...]
- LG Display’s giant rollable OLE... — LG Display’s giant rollable OLED TV is indistinguishable from magichttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/lg-display-giant-rollable-oled-4k-tv/Now you see it, now you don’t. [...]