Engadget.com: It’s not the first time that Kwikset’s dabbled in wireless locks, but today the company’s introducing Kēvo, a smartphone- (and tablet-) friendly lock powered by UniKey. The concept is pretty simple: pair a handset (running a special app) with Kēvo via Bluetooth, and simply touch the deadbolt to lock or unlock your door. A keychain fob is also available for those who have not yet joined the smartphone revolution. Kēvo only responds to touch when an authorized device or fob is detected nearby. A triple tap lets anyone lock your door, which is useful if a visitor leaves after you. The deadbolt is battery-powered using four AA cells that last more than a year with normal operation. It features a ring of RGB LEDs for feedback and a standard physical key for backup.
Kwikset introduces Kevo, a smartphone-friendly lock powered by UniKey
- IKEA’s Place app for iOS previe... — IKEA’s Place app for iOS previews furniture in your homehttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/12/ikea-place-augmented-reality-app/IKEA’s new augmented reality app shows how furniture will fit in your own home. The app is free, but the dependence on ARKit logically means you’ll need to wait for iOS 11 (IKEA didn’t say whether or not there will be an Android version using ARCore). [...]
- Signal adds encrypted profiles to bet... — Signal adds encrypted profiles to beta chat apphttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/07/signal-encrypted-profile-beta-chat-app/Signal, the encrypted chat app preferred by the US Senate, has finally launched profiles — but only as part of its latest beta release. You can now add a photo and a display name to make group chats less confusing. But since this is Signal we’re talking about, [...]
- Who needs friends when you have anony... — Who needs friends when you have anonymous feedback apps?https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/sarahah-anonymous-app/?sr_source=donvy.com“Being able to just block someone is not enough,” said UCSF’s Garcia. “The language of the site, who it partners with, how it advertises itself, the user experience … all of these and more need to create a culture that is anti-bully and pro-community building in order [...]
- Blind: An Anonymous Community for Tec... — Blind is an anonymous community app for the workplace. Users are grouped by company and industry – letting you share news, ask questions, offer support and interact honestly with verified professionals. Connect with your coworkers based on interests and topics, not levels or titles. Benchmark your career with others just like you. [...]
- Keep Tabs On Your BO With Portable Od... — Keep Tabs On Your BO With Portable Odor Checker – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/keep-tabs-on-your-bo-with-portable-odor-checker-1707623/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleJapanese tech company Konica Minolta is crowdfunding a device that identifies your level of stench. The pocket-sized machine connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth, and lets users scan four hotspots: around feet, behind ears, top of head, and underarms. [...]