Engadget.com: It’s not the first time that Kwikset’s dabbled in wireless locks, but today the company’s introducing Kēvo, a smartphone- (and tablet-) friendly lock powered by UniKey. The concept is pretty simple: pair a handset (running a special app) with Kēvo via Bluetooth, and simply touch the deadbolt to lock or unlock your door. A keychain fob is also available for those who have not yet joined the smartphone revolution. Kēvo only responds to touch when an authorized device or fob is detected nearby. A triple tap lets anyone lock your door, which is useful if a visitor leaves after you. The deadbolt is battery-powered using four AA cells that last more than a year with normal operation. It features a ring of RGB LEDs for feedback and a standard physical key for backup.
Kwikset introduces Kevo, a smartphone-friendly lock powered by UniKey
- Apple Removes Violent Games from App ... — Apple Removes Violent Games from App Store Amid Philippine Drug Warhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/app-store-violent-game-removals-urged-asian-network-people-use-drugs/56857/An open letter which was sent to Apple CEO Tim Cook on behalf of The Asian Network of People Who Use Drugs (ANPUD) has resulted in the iPhone maker removing “a number of games” whose storylines appeared to glorify the ongoing Philippine drug wars from [...]
- FiLMiC Pro gains Bluetooth mic suppor... — FiLMiC Pro gains Bluetooth mic support, auto shutter options & expanded iPhone X featureshttp://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/12/22/filmic-pro-bluetooth-microphone-support/Thanks to the latest update bumping version number to 6.4, videographers can now connect a Bluetooth microphone to their device and use it when shooting video in FiLMiC Pro. You must turn on this feature by enabling Bluetooth Microphone in the audio [...]
- Best Apps of the Year 2017 — Best of 2017 – App Store – Apple Developerhttps://developer.apple.com/app-store/best-of-2017/apps-of-the-year/These apps have been chosen by our App Store editors as the best on the App Store this year. [...]
- Snowden’s New App Turns Your Ph... — https://www.wired.com/story/snowden-haven-app-turns-phone-into-home-security-system/?CNDID=49046367&mbid=nl_122217_daily_list1_p1The NSA leaker’s latest project aims to secure your computer—and you—from not just digital but physical attacks. One of the world’s most well-known activists against digital surveillance has released what’s intended to be a cheap, mobile, and flexible version of a physical security system. On Friday, the Freedom of the Press Foundation and its president, [...]
- How a Designer Built and Shipped an i... — How a Designer Built and Shipped an iOS App in 6 Monthshttps://medium.com/sofa-blog/how-a-designer-built-and-shipped-an-ios-app-in-6-months-58258869b5faThere’s a constant debate about whether or not designers should learn to code. While I’m happy to talk about that at length, I think it’s helpful to look at it from a different perspective. SaveSave [...]