America Revealed (Episode 1): Over the past century, an American industrial revolution has given rise to the biggest, most productive food machine the world has ever known. For the first time in human history, less than 2% of the population can feed the other 98%. Host Yul Kwon discovers engineering marvels we’ve created by putting nature to work and takes a look at the costs of our insatiable appetite on our health and environment.
PBS: America Revealed
- Withings to Nokia Digital Health then... — Announcements – Frequently asked questions about the acquisition of Nokia digital health business – Nokiahttps://support.health.nokia.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001422608?utm_campaign=event_201805_el&utm_content=main&utm_medium=email&utm_source=crmNokia wanted to refocus on its networks and licensing activities and so decided to divest its connected health entity. We are delighted to welcome Eric Carreel, the co-founder of Withings, as the head of this now independent entity. The teams at [...]
- These Vitamins Will Make Your Metabol... — App Store Logohttps://www.byrdie.com/vitamins-for-metabolismEating a well-balanced diet and supplementing it with vitamins can improve your general health and prevent sickness. It can also boost your metabolism, something that’s important to many of us since a quick metabolism means healthy weight maintenance, improved immune function, and increased daily energy levels. Health and wellness experts share the vitamins [...]
- The Rich Are Betting On Living to 100 — The Rich Are Betting On Living to 100 – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-20/the-rich-are-betting-on-living-to-100?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenewsThe wealthy are willing to pay for a longer life. The successor to income inequality is longevity inequality. Money might not buy love, but it can buy better health. And, to live as long as possible, the world’s wealthy are willing to pay up. [...]
- Fascism: A Warning by Madeleine Albri... — A Fascist, observes Madeleine Albright, “is someone who claims to speak for a whole nation or group, is utterly unconcerned with the rights of others, and is willing to use violence and whatever other means are necessary to achieve the goals he or she might have.” Fascism: A Warning: Madeleine Albright: 9780062802187: Amazon.com: Bookshttps://www.amazon.com/Fascism-Warning-Madeleine-Albright/dp/0062802186A personal [...]
- How to View Battery Health and Disabl... — How to View Battery Health and Disable Performance Throttling in iOS 11.3https://www.idropnews.com/how-to/how-to-view-battery-health-and-disable-performance-throttling-in-ios-11-3/67468/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=04022018&utm_term=NewsletterNow that Apple’s iOS 11.3 software update has officially been released to the public, users sporting iPhone 6 devices or newer can access new battery management tools to gain insight into their device’s battery health, performance estimates, and more. [...]