From Brand New: Last month, without much fanfare, Facebook introduced a revised version of its “f Logo” which is meant to be used to promote an organization’s or person’s presence on Facebook. Along with the new “f Logo” also comes an official brand page and a revised set of icons for all the different services/pages found throughout the Facebook universe.
Facebook’s Radically New “f” Logo
- To Fix Its Toxic Ad Problem, Facebook... — https://www.wired.com/story/to-fix-its-toxic-ad-problem-facebook-must-break-itself?mbid=nl_091817_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Facebook stress-tests its tech. It could do the same for its moral compass. IT IS A sure sign that Facebook’s algorithms have run amok when they allow anyone to target ads to people with an expressed interest in burning Jews. Likewise, when Russians can sow chaos in American elections by purchasing thousands of phony Facebook [...]
- Facebook allowed advertisers to targe... — Facebook allowed advertisers to target anti-Semiteshttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/15/facebook-anti-semitic-ads/Facebook ad network’s algorithm apparently recognized “Jew hater” as a valid ad category. [...]
- 5 Years, 5 Trends: A Look at the Past... — 5 years, 5 trends: A look at the past and future of designhttps://www.invisionapp.com/blog/past-future-design-trends/?ref=donvy.comSidebar’s Sacha Greif reflects on VR design, chatbots, UX writing, and more. [...]
- Thousands of Facebook Ads Tied to Bog... — https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-ties-more-than-5000-political-ads-to-bogus-russian-accounts?mbid=nl_090617_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Social network says it found $150,000 in political ads from ‘inauthentic accounts’ and Pages from Russia between 2015 and May 2017 [...]
- 3 Essential Design Trends, September ... — 3 Essential Design Trends, September 2017 | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2017/08/essential-design-trends-september-2017/Sometimes you can just look at new website projects and see what designers are thinking. You can feel the mood. This month’s trends reflect that concept with bold color choices, a collapse of the traditional hero header style that’s been popular for a while and dark animated [...]