In the Philippines, election season is more like hunting season. Rivals simply rub out their opponents instead of defeating them at the polls. In the 2010 election year alone, more than 100 people were killed due to political violence. VICE follows the cycle of violence in this gun-crazy island nation all the way from an underground factory where illicit weapons are made to the villages full of young men who can’t wait to get their hands on them.
- Introducing “wheelchair accessible” r... — While the Philippines ponders bewildered, perplexed, and stumped on how to run a light rail system whose origins date back to the beginning of the 20th century where early cities realized the contribution of mass transit to progress and development. In fact, Spain’s Department of Public Works for the Philippines started construction on a steam-powered [...]
- Trump vs. The World: Last Week Tonigh... — [...]
- ICC probing alleged crimes in Philipp... — [...]
- ‘Altered Carbon’: Underst... — ‘Altered Carbon’: The New Netflix Series, Explained | Hollywood Reporterhttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/altered-carbon-new-netflix-series-explained-1081140From executive producer and showrunner Laeta Kalogridis, and based on an original 2002 novel written by author Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon takes place in a far future world where mankind has captured immortality like lightning in a bottle — or high-tech devices in the back [...]
- Last Week Tonight: Season 5 Official ... — [...]