In the Philippines, election season is more like hunting season. Rivals simply rub out their opponents instead of defeating them at the polls. In the 2010 election year alone, more than 100 people were killed due to political violence. VICE follows the cycle of violence in this gun-crazy island nation all the way from an underground factory where illicit weapons are made to the villages full of young men who can’t wait to get their hands on them.
- Why Asian Countries Are Investing So ... — Why Asian Countries Are Investing So Heavily In The English Languagehttps://www.forbes.com/sites/anismuslimin/2017/11/30/why-asian-countries-are-investing-so-heavily-in-the-english-language/#28e4f7075e85There’s a very clear correlation between English proficiency and economic competitiveness both at the country and individual levels for all Asian countries. Singapore leads the pack followed by Malaysia, the Philippines, India and Hong Kong, while South Korea settles in sixth. Economic powerhouse China isn’t [...]
- Medical marijuana use must be under &... — Secretary Duque offered that he supported the use of marijuana for medical purposes provided it is for “limited application” and more importantly, done under a “very strict research setting.” Like the experts from the University of the Philippines-Manila who are part of the Technical Working Group (TWG) tasked to study the proposed measure, the Health [...]
- Get to know The New Yorker by downloa... — Get to know The New Yorker by downloading the Today iOS app.http://x.eml.condenast.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=c886abd13954536a1366f92ee4a84df8With The New Yorker Today app you can now access all magazine issues from 2008 to the present! Download the app today and get all the magazine stories, plus featured Web stories, on politics and international affairs, culture and entertainment, business and technology. Bookmark [...]
- HBO’s Night of Too Many Stars A... — [...]
- Trump’s Bromance With The President O... — [...]