From Google Chrome Blog: Chrome Beta on Windows and Mac can now open Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files directly in the Chrome browser. Just install the Chrome Office Viewer (Beta) extension, then clicking a link to an Office file will open it directly in Chrome. The Chrome Office Viewer also offers protection from malware delivered via Office files. A specialized sandbox is used to impede attackers who use compromised Office files to try to steal private information or monitor your activities.
Open Microsoft Office files directly in Chrome
- How to install and use GPG Suite to e... — How to install and use GPG Suite to encrypt email with Apple Mail – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-and-use-gpg-suite-to-encrypt-email-with-apple-mail/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472When you’re on your Mac and you need to email sensitive information, don’t let a lack of tools get in your way. Here’s how the GPG Suite can make encrypting email easy in Apple Mail. [...]
- Google and Facebook Have Failed Us — Google and Facebook Have Failed Us – The Atlantic – Mediumhttps://medium.com/the-atlantic/google-and-facebook-have-failed-us-61b526beb817The world’s most powerful information gatekeepers neglected their duties in Las Vegas. Again. [...]
- Facebook Quietly Enters StarCraft War... — https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-quietly-enters-starcraft-war-for-ai-bots-and-loses?mbid=nl_100917_dailyFacebook entered a StarCraft competition for software bots, revealing its ambition to compete with Google in artificial intelligence. [...]
- Why video editing forced one Linux de... — Why video editing forced one Linux devotee to buy a Macbook – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/why-video-editing-forced-one-linux-devotee-to-buy-a-macbook/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472What happens when a devout Linux user sees a light they’d been denying for years? Jack Wallen explains why he had to break his Linux-only rule and buy into the cult of Mac. [...]
- Security News This Week: Go Update Yo... — https://www.wired.com/story/update-macos-high-sierra-security-patch?mbid=nl_100717_dailyHigh Sierra 10.13 had two disappointing credential security bugs at launch, but Apple says that both have been patched in this update. [...]