From Google Chrome Blog: Chrome Beta on Windows and Mac can now open Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files directly in the Chrome browser. Just install the Chrome Office Viewer (Beta) extension, then clicking a link to an Office file will open it directly in Chrome. The Chrome Office Viewer also offers protection from malware delivered via Office files. A specialized sandbox is used to impede attackers who use compromised Office files to try to steal private information or monitor your activities.
Open Microsoft Office files directly in Chrome
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most pow... — iMac Pro first look | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3242173/macs/imac-pro-first-look.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-12-14&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-12-14&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlMade for video editing, 3D graphics, VR, and software development, Apple’s new pro Mac is an engineering feat. SaveSave [...]
- Peerless TrackR Quartz Blue Ballpoint... — Peerless TrackR Quartz Blue Ballpoint Pen with Chrome Appointments With Polished Chrome appointments | Cross – UShttps://www.cross.com/en/products/at0702-12/tkr?id=at0702-12%2ftkr(Cross)Peerless 125 : The world’s first trackable writing instrument. The Cross Peerless TrackR was designed for those who want to enjoy the luxury of a Cross pen without the worry of it getting lost, left behind, or stolen. This [...]
- Talk to Santa Via Amazon Alexa, Googl... — Talk to Santa Via Amazon Alexa, Google Home – Amazon Echo (2017)http://sea.pcmag.com/amazon-echo-2017/18590/news/talk-to-santa-via-amazon-alexa-google-homeWith the help of Amazon Alexa or Google Home, you can ring up the North Pole and talk to the big guy himself. If you have an Alexa-enabled device like the Echo, just say “Alexa, talk to Santa Claus” to get him on the [...]
- What Amazon Echo and Google Home Do W... — https://www.wired.com/story/amazon-echo-and-google-home-voice-data-delete/?CNDID=49046367&mbid=nl_ipwarming_daily_list1_p1Like the idea of Amazon Echo and Google Home, but feel uneasy about all that recording? Here’s what they listen to—and how to delete it. [...]
- ‘Mailsploit’ Lets Hackers Forge Perfe... — https://www.wired.com/story/mailsploit-lets-hackers-forge-perfect-email-spoofs/?mbid=nl_120617_daily_list3_p5The attack uncovers bugs in how more than a dozen programs implement email’s creaky protocol. Haddouche says he contacted all of the affected firms months ago to warn them about the vulnerabilities he’s found. Yahoo Mail, Protonmail and Hushmail have already fixed their bugs, while Apple and Microsoft have told Haddouche they’re working on a [...]