From Google Chrome Blog: Chrome Beta on Windows and Mac can now open Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files directly in the Chrome browser. Just install the Chrome Office Viewer (Beta) extension, then clicking a link to an Office file will open it directly in Chrome. The Chrome Office Viewer also offers protection from malware delivered via Office files. A specialized sandbox is used to impede attackers who use compromised Office files to try to steal private information or monitor your activities.
Open Microsoft Office files directly in Chrome
- Google Removes ‘Don’t Be ... — https://gizmodo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gizmodo.com/google-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393/amp?amp_js_v=a1&_gsa=1&ref=donvy.com#ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo.com%2Fgoogle-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393 Google’s unofficial motto has long been the simple phrase “don’t be evil.” But that’s over, according to the code of conduct that Google distributes to its employees. The phrase was removed sometime in late April or early May, archives hosted by the Wayback Machine show. [...]
- Human or bot? Google Duplex scares — Human or bot? Google Duplex scares me – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-duplex-assistant-bot-deception-scary-ethics-question/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756In this age of disinformation, where fake news thrives and the public has trust issues with technology, Google designed a machine that can deceive humans. Gosh, what could go wrong? [...]
- Google goes for the wow at I/O, but w... — “We tell Facebook all about ourselves, but Google knows the real us,” says Brian Solis, an analyst at the Altimeter Group. “That’s why it’s so incredible — and also so dangerous at the same time.” Google goes for the wow at I/O, but what about privacy? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-goes-for-the-wow-at-io-2018-but-what-about-privacy-ai-virtual-assistant/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The search giant was mostly mum about privacy [...]
- Searching for a Future Beyond Faceboo... — Searching for a Future Beyond Facebookhttps://longreads.com/2018/05/01/searching-for-a-future-beyond-facebook/If we want to liberate ourselves from the tech monopolies, we have to figure out what to do with our data. Facebook has accomplished a neat trick in the last fourteen years, draping itself in humanitarian intent while establishing a globe-straddling monopoly. In the name of connecting people, it has built [...]
- Windows 10 illegally collects data at... — Windows 10 illegally collects data at install, says Brazil prosecutor – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-illegally-collects-data-at-install-says-brazil-prosecutor/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Federal prosecutors in Brazil have asked Microsoft to have Windows 10 stop automatically collecting user data within 15 days. [...]