Video shot of the fire along Calatagan St. in Palanan, Makati during the early morning of Thursday, 11 April 2013 around 1am.
Calatagan St., Palanan fire
- Foxconn buys Linksys owner Belkin to ... — Foxconn buys Linksys owner Belkin to join the smart home battlehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/03/26/foxconn-buys-linksys-owner-belkin-to-join-the-smart-home-battle/Manufacturing giant Foxconn is making its entry by acquiring Belkin International to create a “global consumer electronics leader.” Belkin bought Linksys from Cisco in 2013, and now both are being swallowed up by Foxconn for $866 million. [...]
- Facebook VPN ‘Onavo Protect’ Collects... — Facebook VPN ‘Onavo Protect’ Collects User Data Spawning Privacy Concernshttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/facebook-releases-vpn-spawning-privacy-concerns/63325/In 2013, Facebook acquired Onavo, which developed the popular VPN and data security service. However, it’s now available as part of the Facebook app. Essentially, Facebook uses the service to gather data from its users. It will then analyse this information in a bid to “improve [...]
- The fire and fury of TV satirist Sama... — ‘I’ve gone full witch’: the fire and fury of TV satirist Samantha Bee | Culture | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/jan/27/ive-gone-full-witch-the-fire-and-fury-of-tv-satirist-samantha-bee?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The former Daily Show host turned acidic critic of modern America talks digital cleanses, diversifying the newsroom and the hope of the #metoo movement. SaveSave [...]
- New Yorker Holiday Covers Through the... — New Yorker Holiday Covers Through the Years | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/new-yorker-holiday-covers-through-the-years?mbid=nl_Daily%20122317%20Nonsubs&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=12622402&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1302083615&spReportId=MTMwMjA4MzYxNQS2One gets a little wistful, looking through more than ninety years of images and observing that some holiday traditions are on the wane. ’Tis the season to be jolly—or not! New Yorker holiday covers have showcased a wide range of emotions over the years. In [...]
- Don’t fall for the hype — Why Bitcoin... — Don’t fall for the hype — Why Bitcoin’s $10,000 Price Doesn’t Reflect Its True Value.https://decentralize.today/dont-fall-for-the-hype-why-bitcoin-s-10-000-price-doesn-t-reflect-its-true-value-6b42a59fce0aWe’ve seen this before, back in 2013, a media frenzy when Bitcoin was approaching $1,000 that fueled that year’s bubble. In January of that year, one bitcoin was trading at around $15.00, rocketed to $266 by April, and then crashed back [...]