Replace your flashlight’s bulb with three bright white LEDs! From Popular Science: A flashlight with at least three AAA, AA, C or D cell batteries hacked to use three 2300-millicandela LEDs will be as bright as an incandescent and last 5 to 10 times longer. Of course you can add up to 20 LEDs (as long as they fit in the reflector) if you’re planning to, say, man a lighthouse with the thing.
Hack your flashlight!
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Public, New York: the five-star hotel... — Public, New York: the five-star hotel for half the price | Eva Wiseman | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jun/25/public-hotel-new-york-manhattan-five-star-hotel-half-the-price?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=232265&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Veteran hotelier Ian Schrager’s new venture in Manhattan takes luxury down a notch. Schrager is the man responsible for purple feature walls, for lobbies that double as local cocktail bars, for chairs that look like comfy sculptures, and [...]
- Stephen Colbert Appears on Russian TV... — Stephen Colbert Appears on Russian TV, Says He’s Considering 2020 Run for President | Hollywood Reporterhttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stephen-colbert-says-hes-considering-a-2020-run-president-russian-tv-1016496The ‘Late Show’ host appeared on the popular ‘Evening Urgant’ program during his trip abroad. In a clip posted on the show’s website, Colbert, after taking a few shots of vodka, asks Urgant if he can make an announcement. “OK. [...]
- You Cannot Learn What You Think You A... — You Cannot Learn What You Think You Already Knowhttp://lifehacker.com/you-cannot-learn-what-you-think-you-already-know-1796095391 Welcome back to Mid-Week Meditations, Lifehacker’s weekly dip into the pool of stoic wisdom, and how you can use its waters to reflect on and improve your life. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” -Epictetus, Discourses, Book II, [...]
- Gifted (2017) — “Never get on the bad side of small-minded people with a little authority.” -Gifted (2017) Gifted (2017) – IMDbhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt4481414/?ref_=nv_sr_1Directed by Marc Webb. With Chris Evans, Mckenna Grace, Lindsay Duncan, Jenny Slate. Frank, a single man raising his child prodigy niece Mary, is drawn into a custody battle with his mother. [...]