Replace your flashlight’s bulb with three bright white LEDs! From Popular Science: A flashlight with at least three AAA, AA, C or D cell batteries hacked to use three 2300-millicandela LEDs will be as bright as an incandescent and last 5 to 10 times longer. Of course you can add up to 20 LEDs (as long as they fit in the reflector) if you’re planning to, say, man a lighthouse with the thing.
Hack your flashlight!
- Get Lost in This Visualization of Int... — https://www.wired.com/story/world-economic-forum-dataviz/?mbid=nl_111317_daily_list1_p1It’s like everything is connected, man. [...]
- Facebook translates ‘good morni... — Facebook translates ‘good morning’ into ‘attack them’, leading to arrest | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/24/facebook-palestine-israel-translates-good-morning-attack-them-arrest?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=249358&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Palestinian man questioned by Israeli police after embarrassing mistranslation of caption under photo of him leaning against bulldozer [...]
- Is Steven Soderbergh’s New App ... — https://www.wired.com/story/steven-soderbergh-future-of-storytelling/The filmmaker’s next project with HBO wants to change how you see stories. Director Steven Soderbergh—the man behind Magic Mike, The Knick, and this summer’s Logan Lucky—just released the trailer for his latest project. He made it with the help of HBO, but it’s not a movie or TV show. Instead, Mosaic is an interactive [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Public, New York: the five-star hotel... — Public, New York: the five-star hotel for half the price | Eva Wiseman | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jun/25/public-hotel-new-york-manhattan-five-star-hotel-half-the-price?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=232265&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Veteran hotelier Ian Schrager’s new venture in Manhattan takes luxury down a notch. Schrager is the man responsible for purple feature walls, for lobbies that double as local cocktail bars, for chairs that look like comfy sculptures, and [...]