SENT will be the first major exhibit of phonecam art in the United States. We’ll explore the camera phone’s potential as a creative tool in two ways: through an online public dialogue in which amateur photographers and phonecam users around the world share mobile snapshots of their lives; and through an invitational exhibit in which professional photographers, artists, and public figures test the limits of creative possibilities offered by these hybrid devices.
America’s First PhoneCam Art Show
- iOS 11 ‘cop button’: Shor... — iOS 11 ‘cop button’: Shortcut disables your iPhone’s Touch ID and calls SOS | ZDNethttp://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-11-cop-button-shortcut-disables-your-iphones-touch-id-and-calls-sos/Apple is offering a fast option to disable Touch ID in iOS 11. The iPhone’s Touch ID fingerprint sensor is great for quickly unlocking your device, but it’s also been used by law enforcement to circumvent legal restrictions on demanding a [...]
- iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 coo... — iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 cool hidden features – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-face-id-cool-hidden-features/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756And we don’t mean selfie portraits or animated poop. Apple’s least-flashy use for Face ID may be its most convenient for phone owners, because in order to benefit from it, you won’t have to do anything at all. This subtler part of Face [...]
- How to Win a War on Drugs — How to Win a War on Drugs – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsDecades ago, the United States and Portugal both struggled with illicit drugs and took decisive action — in diametrically opposite directions. The U.S. cracked down vigorously, spending billions of dollars incarcerating drug users. In contrast, Portugal undertook a monumental experiment: It decriminalized the use [...]
- How Apple Built An iPhone Camera That... — How Apple Built An iPhone Camera That Makes Everyone A Professional Photographerhttps://www.buzzfeed.com/johnpaczkowski/iphone-portrait-lighting?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&utm_term=.hd2x89rp1#.reWx36wpq“We didn’t just study portrait photography. We went all the way back to paint,” Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller explained. The enhancements to the camera systems in the 8 Plus and the X are some of the biggest upgrades in the new line. [...]
- iOS 11: toggling wifi and Bluetooth i... — iOS 11: toggling wifi and Bluetooth in Control Centre doesn’t actually turn them off | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/21/ios-11-apple-toggling-wifi-bluetooth-control-centre-doesnt-turn-them-off?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=244655&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Quick switch simply disconnects phone from access points and devices rather than turning off the radios, in move criticised by security researchers [...]