Japan, China and South Korea have agreed to jointly develop a new computer operating system based on Linux as an alternative to the dominant Windows by Microsoft. The three countries would help their private sectors develop Linux, an open-source OS that can be copied and modified freely.
Major Economies say bye-bye to Bill
- Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 ... — Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 billion | Storieshttps://news.microsoft.com/2018/06/04/microsoft-to-acquire-github-for-7-5-billion/Microsoft Corp. on Monday announced it has reached an agreement to acquire GitHub, the world’s leading software development platform where more than 28 million developers learn, share and collaborate to create the future. Together, the two companies will empower developers to achieve more at every stage of [...]
- Report: Facebook gave data to Chinese... — [...]
- Apple’s Most Important WWDC 2018 Anno... — ARKit 2, Privacy, Siri Shortcuts: The Most Important WWDC 2018 News – Varietyhttps://variety.com/2018/digital/news/wwdc-2018-biggest-news-siri-ios-apple-tv-1202829288/“Today is all about software,” proclaimed Apple CEO Tim Cook during the opening keynote for Apple’s 2018 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Jose, Calif., on Monday, setting the stage for a long list of announcements of new features coming to iPhone, iPad, [...]
- Windows 10 illegally collects data at... — Windows 10 illegally collects data at install, says Brazil prosecutor – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-illegally-collects-data-at-install-says-brazil-prosecutor/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Federal prosecutors in Brazil have asked Microsoft to have Windows 10 stop automatically collecting user data within 15 days. [...]
- What “Isle of Dogs” Gets Right About ... — What Wes Anderson’s “Isle of Dogs” Gets Right About Japan | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-isle-of-dogs-gets-right-about-japan?mbid=nl_041418_Daily&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13315425&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1381232165&spReportId=MTM4MTIzMjE2NQS2To say that the film dehumanizes the Japanese is to assume the primacy of an English-speaking audience. [...]