France Telecom R&D: The optical fiber screen displays animated visual information such as texts or pictograms. Our latest prototype comes in the shape of a wide belt that can be worn on top of clothing or be integrated into an item of clothing or a backpack.
- Net States Rule the World; We Need to... — https://www.wired.com/story/net-states-rule-the-world-we-need-to-recognize-their-power/?mbid=nl_110417_daily_list3_p4Opinion: The world is no longer dominated by nations. We’re in a non-state, net-state era. Because the world is no longer neatly divided into states (countries like the US, France, and India) and non-states (terrorist organizations like ISIS and al Qaeda). [...]
- 3 Essential Design Trends, November 2... — 3 Essential Design Trends, November 2017 | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2017/10/3-essential-design-trends-november-2017/?ref=donvy.comIf you’re a fan of this monthly design trends series, there’s a strong possibility you’ve seen a trend or two that you just didn’t like. And that’s OK. This month, each of the three trends should be design conversation starters. While the visuals look cool, are they [...]
- How to install and use GPG Suite to e... — How to install and use GPG Suite to encrypt email with Apple Mail – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-and-use-gpg-suite-to-encrypt-email-with-apple-mail/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472When you’re on your Mac and you need to email sensitive information, don’t let a lack of tools get in your way. Here’s how the GPG Suite can make encrypting email easy in Apple Mail. [...]
- Google and Facebook Have Failed Us — Google and Facebook Have Failed Us – The Atlantic – Mediumhttps://medium.com/the-atlantic/google-and-facebook-have-failed-us-61b526beb817The world’s most powerful information gatekeepers neglected their duties in Las Vegas. Again. [...]
- Facebook and Google pledged to stop f... — Facebook and Google pledged to stop fake news. So how come they promoted Las Vegas-shooting hoaxes? – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las-vegas-shooting-live-updates-facebook-and-google-pledged-to-stop-1506990143-htmlstory.htmlAccuracy matters in the moments after a tragedy. Facts can help catch the suspects, save lives and prevent a panic. But in the aftermath of the deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday, the world’s two [...]