Yahoo News: Google this week rolled out an Internet service called Orkut, a challenge to the pioneering social networking site Friendster, after Friendster’s rejection late last year of Google’s offer to buy the site.
- Gab is suing Google for allegedly vio... — Gab is suing Google for allegedly violating antitrust laws – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/09/15/gab-is-suing-google-for-allegedly-violating-antitrust-laws/?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-technology%3Ahomepage%2FcardThe lawsuit is the latest salvo in a battle pitting right-leaning technologists against Silicon Valley giants. Gab alleges in the lawsuit that “Google deprives competitors, on a discriminatory basis, of access to the App Store, which an essential facility or resource.” [...]
- Google sued over ‘sex discrimin... — Google sued over ‘sex discrimination’ – BBC Newshttp://www.bbc.com/news/business-41274202Three former employees say Google pays women less than men for comparable work. [...]
- How to delete Google from your life — How to delete Google from your life | TechConnecthttp://www.techconnect.com/video/81295/how-to-delete-google-from-your-life?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-09-07Get rid of Google by deleting your account information and searching for alternative services. [...]
- Fear and Loathing on Social Media — https://www.wired.com/story/social-media-fear?mbid=nl_090617_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Will Twitter ever be fun again? More importantly, should it be? Social media, Twitter especially, started as a way to bring people together—then it brought out the best and worst in them. I’ve returned to it for now, but I’ll never use it the way I used to. And maybe I shouldn’t. [...]
- We are all developing a healthier rel... — Adobe Reveals the Secrets of Email | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2017/08/adobe-reveals-the-secrets-of-email/Adobe shared the results of its 3rd annual consumer email survey today, and while some of the findings are extremely predictable—nobody likes spam—others are downright shocking: for example, business email is 36 times more popular than social message services like Slack. Yeah, let that one sink in… [...]