Twenty years ago today, Apple Computer launched the Macintosh. Macworld lists all the well wishers from the media, so does MacNN, while Andy Hertzfeld’s Folklore web site‘s first history is, of course, on the development of the Macintosh.
Happy 20th Birthday, Macintosh!
- Apple Park: Normal people like you ca... — Apple Park Visitor Center opens to the public – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/apple-park-visitor-center-ar-augmented-reality-open-to-public/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Apple’s new visitor center opened to the public Friday, complete with special schwag and an AR-enabled model of the spaceship campus. [...]
- AI Can Help Apple Watch Predict High ... — https://www.wired.com/story/ai-can-help-apple-watch-predict-high-blood-pressure-sleep-apnea/?mbid=nl_111417_daily_list3_p3A new study finds that the heart-rate sensor in an Apple Watch can suggest health problems, adding to its allure. [...]
- Seven Newly Accessible Wonders of the... — Seven Newly Accessible Wonders of the World – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/seven-newly-accessible-wonders-of-the-world?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenewsSome of the world’s most staggering historical sites—places that have long existed as local secrets—have recently been made accessible thanks to a slew of intrepid tour operators, hoteliers, or infrastructure developments. In the coming years, these places will find their way onto hordes of global travelers’ bucket [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- How ex-Apple and Disney Designers Cre... — How ex-Apple and Disney Designers Created a Brand New Design Processhttps://blog.usejournal.com/how-ex-apple-and-disney-designers-invented-animoodles-a-brand-new-design-process-dc5ae688252a?ref=donvy.comInventing Animoodles & bringing them to market [...]