Samsung has developed a 57-inch liquid-crystal display (LCD) panel, the largest such panel in the world. The maximum size that an LCD screen can be manufactured at is regulated by the size of glass sheet a production line can produce. The 57-inch panel has a resolution of 1,920-x-1,080 pixels, matching that required for wide-screen high-definition television.
Samsung unveils 57-inch LCD
- WSJ: 10 th Anniversary iPhone will ha... — WSJ: 10th Anniversary iPhone will have a curved OLED screenhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/02/28/wsj-10th-anniversary-iphone-will-have-a-curved-oled-screen/The company will also release two regular models with LCD displays. [...]
- New Panasonic tapeless digital camcor... — The D-Snap SV-AV50A/S (blue/silver) tapeless digital camcorder from Panasonic is only 20mm thin and can record up to 3.5 hours of MPEG4 video on a 512MB SD memory card. It features a 2-inch LCD screen and 1.95 megapixels for still photos. [...]
- MWSF 2004: HomePod — Macsense HomePod™ is a digital stereo component that streams music files stored on computers to HomePods located anywhere in the house. It features an 802.11b wireless and Ethernet network interface, FM tuner, USB port, built-in stereo speakers, stereo audio outputs to home hi-fi system, headphone jack, 2.5″ back-lit LCD display, jog-shuttle rotating dial, and on-unit [...]
- Credit card-sized cellphone — NEC will soon release a 10mm-thick, credit card-sized mobile phone called the N900. Despite its size, the N900 features a digital camera and a color LCD. NEC plans to release the N900 GSM handset, initially in China, and later in Southeast Asia and Europe. [...]
- 2004 Toyota Prius hybrid car — The 2004 Toyota Prius hybrid car is equipped with a voice-activated DVD navigation system with a 7-inch LCD touchscreen display. A Smart Entry & Start system detects a transponder key from within 3 feet for complete keyless entry, and once inside, the driver merely pushes a power button to start the car. The Prius’ ignition, [...]