The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it. The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph. Each pair of wheels is separated by a few inches and each wheel has an independent suspension. Chrysler will be selling the original Tomahawk concept and nine replicas through Neiman Marcus, for up to $555,000 each.
- Apple’s ‘Neural Engine’ Infuses the i... — https://www.wired.com/story/apples-neural-engine-infuses-the-iphone-with-ai-smarts?mbid=nl_091317_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Apple fires the first shot in a war over mobile-phone chips with a ‘neural engine’ designed to speed speech, image processing. [...]
- Second Life’s creator is buildi... — For the last 13 years Linden Lab has been developing Second Life, one of the most popular virtual worlds online. It’s easy to scoff at the game, with its dated graphics and simplistic activities. But it’s still remarkably popular, averaging 900,000 monthly active users. Now, Linden Lab is applying the same approach to virtual reality. The [...]
- How Google’s search algorithm s... — Google’s search algorithm appears to be systematically promoting information that is either false or slanted with an extreme rightwing bias on subjects as varied as climate change and homosexuality. Following a recent investigation by the Observer, which found that Google’s search engine prominently suggests neo-Nazi websites and antisemitic writing, the Guardian has uncovered a dozen [...]
- 6-feet tall servant robots — Built by International Robotics, Neiman Marcus offers the His & Hers Robots on their web site. They can answer the door, help you with your groceries, and relay messages to other family members – all that for only $400,000.00. [...]
- DVD2oneX for Mac OS X released — MacNN: DVD2oneX is a DVD processing tool for Mac OS X that can make movie-only and full disk copies for personal use on a single DVD-Recordable. It claims to offer the World’s fastest video compression engine that can process a movie to “fit on a single recordable in a matter of 15 to 30 minutes [...]