Popular Science’ 2003 Best of What’s New lists the top 100 technological innovations of 2003, from aviation to defibrillation, GPS to Wi-Fi, rotary to rockets. The year and the gear that was.
Best of What’s New 2003
- Gear of the Year: All the Best Stuff ... — https://www.wired.com/story/gear-of-the-year-2017/?mbid=nl_122117_gadgetlab_list1_p1From our favorite phone to the best smart-home innovation, this is all of 2017’s best gear. SaveSave [...]
- 2018 may mark the start of a cord-fre... — Wireless charging tech means 2018 will be the start of cord-free life – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/2018-wireless-charging-bluetooth-mean-life-without-cables/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756An alignment of technologies and products is helping to pave the way for a life without tangled cables. Today, Wi-Fi’s wireless connections make physical network cables a rarity. But that’s just the beginning. Technological forces are converging to make a lot of [...]
- Wi-Fi in 2018: What will the future l... — Wi-Fi in 2018: What will the future look like? | TechConnecthttps://www.techconnect.com/article/3237146/lan-wan/wi-fi-in-2018-what-will-the-future-look-like.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-12-01While your enterprise Wi-Fi setup might not change beyond recognition in 2018, the next year is still going to bring some shifts. The basic technology should remain largely the same, but the way you manage it could be very different. [...]
- Seven Newly Accessible Wonders of the... — Seven Newly Accessible Wonders of the World – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/seven-newly-accessible-wonders-of-the-world?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenewsSome of the world’s most staggering historical sites—places that have long existed as local secrets—have recently been made accessible thanks to a slew of intrepid tour operators, hoteliers, or infrastructure developments. In the coming years, these places will find their way onto hordes of global travelers’ bucket [...]
- Apple releases macOS 10.13.1 High Sie... — Apple releases macOS 10.13.1 High Sierra update | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3235181/macs/apple-releases-macos-10-13-1-high-sierra-update.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-10-31&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-10-31&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlIf you’re really into emoji, you need this update. It includes 70 new ones. There’s also a fix for the KRACK Wi-Fi security flaw. [...]