Now that we’ve added motors to the ubiquitous folding scooter, and Segway transporters dot the DisneyWorld landscape, Mechanical Engineering magazine features another next step in the evolution of human mobility: the jet board.
New Motorized Surfboard
- How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? — How Frightened Should We Be of A.I.? | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/14/how-frightened-should-we-be-of-ai?mbid=nl_Daily%20050818&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13466841&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1400714066&spReportId=MTQwMDcxNDA2NgS2Thinking about artificial intelligence can help clarify what makes us human—for better and for worse. [...]
- iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazin... — iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazine’s ’50 Most Beautiful People of 2018′https://www.idropnews.com/news/iphone-x-used-shoot-people-magazines-50-beautiful-people-2018/70791/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=05072018&utm_term=NewsletterA high-profile Spanish magazine used an iPhone for a recent cover story photoshoot, Apple CEO Tim Cook highlighted this week. People en Español used an iPhone X to shoot many of the images for its upcoming June issue, which covers the 50 most [...]
- “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Let the... — “Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hand of the children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives…” –The Maw (Avengers Infinity War) “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Let the Sunshine In,” Reviewed | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/07/avengers-infinity-war-and-let-the-sunshine-in?mbid=nl_Daily%20042618&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13393283&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1382318465&spReportId=MTM4MjMxODQ2NQS2Anthony Lane on “Avengers: Infinity War,” Joe and Anthony Russo’s all-star Marvel extravaganza, and “Let the Sunshine [...]
- Introducing “wheelchair accessible” r... — While the Philippines ponders bewildered, perplexed, and stumped on how to run a light rail system whose origins date back to the beginning of the 20th century where early cities realized the contribution of mass transit to progress and development. In fact, Spain’s Department of Public Works for the Philippines started construction on a steam-powered [...]
- “The Death of Stalin” Dares to Make E... — “The Death of Stalin” Dares to Make Evil Funny | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/19/the-death-of-stalin-dares-to-make-evil-funny?mbid=nl_Daily%20031018&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13091367&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1360897721&spReportId=MTM2MDg5NzcyMQS2In Armando Iannucci’s outrageous comedy about the dead tyrant’s underlings, every gag is girded with fear. [...]