Combining the power of 1,100 Apple computers, the Terascale Cluster project is bringing Virginia Tech to the forefront in the supercomputing arena. chaosmint.com has a few pictures to drool over, while Virginia Tech’s official site has been mirrored here. Apple also provides information on clustering resources.
1100 dual 2GHz Power Mac G5s @ Virginia Tech
- Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disru... — Twitter to Reduce Visibility of Disruptive, Negative Accounts – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/twitter-to-reduce-visibility-of-disruptive-negative-accountsTwitter Inc. is taking another step to reduce the amount of harmful content on its site, this time expanding the effort beyond users who explicitly break the social network’s rules. [...]
- Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilit... — Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilities Require You To Take Action Now | Electronic Frontier Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-nowUPDATE (5/14/18): More information has been released. See EFF’s more detailed explanation and analysis here.A group of European security researchers have released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of PGP and S/MIME. EFF has been in communication with [...]
- iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazin... — iPhone X Used to Shoot People Magazine’s ’50 Most Beautiful People of 2018′https://www.idropnews.com/news/iphone-x-used-shoot-people-magazines-50-beautiful-people-2018/70791/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=05072018&utm_term=NewsletterA high-profile Spanish magazine used an iPhone for a recent cover story photoshoot, Apple CEO Tim Cook highlighted this week. People en Español used an iPhone X to shoot many of the images for its upcoming June issue, which covers the 50 most [...]
- 5 big revelations from Apple’s surpri... — 5 big revelations from Apple’s surprising Q2 earnings call | Cult of Machttps://www.cultofmac.com/545233/5-big-revelations-from-apples-surprising-q2-earnings-call/Apple blew analysts’ expectations out of the water this afternoon with its historic Q2 2018 earnings report that saw the company post the most revenue ever in the March quarter. Tim Cook and Apple CFO Luca Maestri were absolutely giddy during today’s call [...]
- How to See All of the Personal Data A... — How to See All of the Personal Data Apple Has Gathered About Youhttps://www.idropnews.com/how-to/how-to-see-all-of-the-data-apple-has-gathered-about-you/70126/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=04272018&utm_term=Newsletter&utm_source=iDrop+News+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9d56b126fa-&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_da2681be72-9d56b126fa-126387981Unlike other major tech firms, Apple says it doesn’t store a ton of personal data about you. But, unbeknownst to many, you can actually double-check the data it does have. [...]