MacNN: Sony introduced its new pocket-size Cyber-shot DSC-U50 featuring a 2MP CCD and a 180-degree rotating lens. The $200 camera is due in October in black, silver and metallic orange.
New pocket digicam from Sony
- Reolink Argus review: An adaptable an... — Reolink Argus review: An adaptable and affordable home security camera | TechConnecthttp://www.techconnect.com/article/3218146/security-cameras/reolink-argus-review.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-08-25This completely wireless indoor/outdoor camera delivers just the essential security features for a modest price. [...]
- Stanford built a ‘4D’ cam... — Stanford built a ‘4D’ camera for cars, robots and VRhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/stanford-4d-camera-robots/A team of Stanford scientists have created what could be the perfect “eye” for autonomous vehicles and delivery drones thus far. It’s a 4D camera that can capture nearly 140 degrees of information, allowing it to gather more information than conventional cameras in a single image. [...]
- Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR f... — Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR for its 100th anniversaryhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/nikon-D850-100th-anniversary-dslr/For its 100th anniversary, the camera maker has no intention of ceding the high-end professional market, however: It just announced the development of the full-frame (FX) D850, the successor to the 36.3-megapixel, full-frame D810 (pictured). Nikon released a 4K teaser YouTube video (below) with a mix [...]
- Capture amazing fireworks shots with ... — Oh! And if your photos aren’t amazing, and you’re older than a toddler, we’ve all seen fireworks and know how they look like so spare us your mediocre photography. 😃 Capture amazing fireworks shots with your iPhone – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-capture-amazing-fireworks-photos-with-your-iphone-camera/The Fourth of July provides an annual chance to test our smartphone photography skills. Even though it [...]
- Caltech’s ‘lensless camer... — Caltech’s ‘lensless camera’ could make our phones truly flathttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/22/caltech-lensless-heterodyne-camera/Cameras need lenses, so your thin phone has a bump, but one day an ultra-thin optical phased array chip could change that. It uses math and optical sensors to simulate the effect of a lens. According to Professor Ali Hajimiri, it “can switch from a fish-eye to a telephoto [...]