Gizmodo: Unlike the Roomba, the Roboking from LG Electronics can automatically figure out the best way to clean a room, and once its finished, return to its charging station. The next version of the Roboking looks even better: it should be able to connect to a home wireless network and be controllable remotely by a PC, cellphone, or PDA, so youll be able to have it clean the house while youre at work.
New robotic vacuum cleaner from LG
- Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Me... — News: Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Media Business?http://sea.pcmag.com/news/19588/can-cryptocurrency-mining-save-the-media-businessThe media company Salon is testing an alternative to online ads that’ll serve a cryptocurrency miner that can help the publisher generate revenue. The miner—which requires people to opt in—runs over your internet browser and siphons away a PC’s excess computing power to generate a virtual currency called [...]
- 5 Places Where People Live the Longes... — 5 Blue Zones Where People Live the Longest, Healthiest Lives | Timehttp://time.com/5160475/blue-zones-healthy-long-lives/Global life expectancy averages out to 71.4 years. That means, of course, that some parts of the world see much shorter life spans, while others enjoy far greater longevity. Five places, in particular, fall into the latter category. They’re known as Blue Zones—named for [...]
- LG Display’s giant rollable OLE... — LG Display’s giant rollable OLED TV is indistinguishable from magichttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/lg-display-giant-rollable-oled-4k-tv/Now you see it, now you don’t. [...]
- Best of CES 2018: The Year’s Sh... — https://www.wired.com/gallery/best-of-ces-2018/?mbid=nl_011118_gadgetlab_list1_p1Our favorite laptop, headphones, smart home device, and more from the world’s greatest gadget pageant. SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave [...]
- Snowden’s New App Turns Your Ph... — https://www.wired.com/story/snowden-haven-app-turns-phone-into-home-security-system/?CNDID=49046367&mbid=nl_122217_daily_list1_p1The NSA leaker’s latest project aims to secure your computer—and you—from not just digital but physical attacks. One of the world’s most well-known activists against digital surveillance has released what’s intended to be a cheap, mobile, and flexible version of a physical security system. On Friday, the Freedom of the Press Foundation and its president, [...]