Two companies are working on devices that use a laser to project an image of a keyboard onto a flat surface which can then be typed on as if it were actually there. Last year, VKB Ltd. announced that it had developed the first one of these. Pin Change Co. has licensed this technology and plans to release a product based on it later this year. The first version will consist of a separate projector that connects to the handheld with a wire. It uses a built-in, rechargeable, Lithium-ion battery that is good for two hours of continuous typing. The projected keyboard is 11 by 3.5 inches. It can be used on any firm, flat surface with no protrusions greater than 1 mm. However, it doesn’t work well outdoors. There will be drivers for both Palm OS and Pocket PC devices.
Virtual keyboards coming this year
- Android beats iOS and Windows as leas... — Android beats iOS and Windows as least-secure mobile OS, Nokia report finds – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/android-beats-ios-and-windows-as-least-secure-mobile-os-nokia-report-finds/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Over two-thirds of all infected devices this year ran on the Android operating system, according to recent research from Nokia. [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]
- Everything you wanted to know about b... — Everything you wanted to know about bitcoin but were afraid to ask | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/11/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-bitcoin-but-were-to-afraid-to-ask-cryptocurrencies?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=251943&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The value of cryptocurrencies is rising fast. But is it sustainable? And how does it work, anyway? These questions, and many more, answered… [...]
- No, Facebook isn’t spying on yo... — No, Facebook isn’t spying on you. At least not with the microphone | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/09/facebook-spying-on-you-microphone-creepy-data-conspiracy-theories?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=251658&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The sheer volume of data Facebook has on you is difficult to comprehend, which makes it incredibly creepy – and ripe for conspiracy theories. The unsettling ability of Facebook to make accurate guesses based on what feels like barely [...]
- In the Wake: Technology Is Changing t... — In the Wake: Technology Is Changing the Way We Mournhttps://medium.com/s/technically-dead/in-the-wake-technology-is-changing-the-way-we-mourn-df8ba72135eeIn an age when our physical selves have two-dimensional lives online, when our communications and interactions are built with zeros and ones, and where geography collapses in the spaceless realm of… [...]