Lexar Media has announced that it will release the largest CompactFlash memory card yet, with a whopping 4 GB storage capacity. It has also created a 2 GB one which will be available much sooner. These cards are capable of a minimum sustained read and write speed of 4.8 MB per second. The 2 GB CF card will be Type I and expected to retail in March for $700. The 4 GB card will be Type II and is expected to ship in the second quarter for $1,500. On a related note, Soft Pocket Solutions has announced that it is developing a driver that will allow the Sony Clie NX series and the NZ90 to use CompactFlash memory cards. This driver will allow a CF card to essentially act the same as a Memory Stick does.
New 4 GB CompactFlash Card
- This is what a 50-qubit quantum compu... — This is what a 50-qubit quantum computer looks likehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/this-is-what-a-50-qubit-quantum-computer-looks-like/From afar, it looks like a steampunk chandelier. An intricate collection of tubes and wires that culminate in a small steel cylinder at the bottom. It is, in fact, one of the most sophisticated quantum computers ever built. The processor inside has 50 quantum bits, or qubits, [...]
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in t... — Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CEShttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/netflix-fake-ces-2018-altered-carbon/Venture beyond tech whales like Samsung and Sony, beyond the rows of smart speakers and giant TVs and you’ll discover that there are weirder things to be found at CES. [...]
- Why Black Mirror’s Most Controv... — https://www.wired.com/story/black-mirror-black-museum/?mbid=nl_010618_daily_list1_p3“Black Museum” gives us a catharsis that’s all too lacking for some. Akin to the show’s haunting holiday special, “White Christmas,” “Black Museum” plays out in a nightmarish triptych, massaging three seemingly disparate stories into a single narrative. It’s a victory, and an ending that defies the natural biology of the series—and in being so, [...]
- The most exciting blockbusters of 201... — The most exciting blockbusters of 2018 | Film | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/26/the-most-exciting-blockbusters-of-2018?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=258334&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Starting our series of the year’s most anticipated films, we look forward to Black Panther changing the superhero script, disaster movies that will hit hard and the return of the Incredibles, Deadpool and Mary Poppins SaveSave [...]
- From the dazzling to the disheartenin... — From the dazzling to the disheartening, 2017 was a remarkable year for science – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-science-in-2017-20171222-htmlstory.htmlWhat a year for science: There were thrilling discoveries of planets that might be hospitable to life and major advances in gene editing. We also endured the death of a beloved spacecraft and a series of attacks on the value [...]