Samsung Electronics unveiled the ITCAM-7 – the world’s first Hard Disk Drive (HDD) digital camcorder. Rather than tape, Samsung’s ITCAM-7 uses a 1.5 GB HDD to store still and motion pictures, as well as music, audio and data files – enabling it to hold more than one hour of high-quality footage.
Samsung Intros World’s First HDD Camcorder
- Training workers for the digital age — [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook Inc. has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Part of what made Instagram great was that your main feed was a stream [...]
- The fire and fury of TV satirist Sama... — ‘I’ve gone full witch’: the fire and fury of TV satirist Samantha Bee | Culture | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/jan/27/ive-gone-full-witch-the-fire-and-fury-of-tv-satirist-samantha-bee?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The former Daily Show host turned acidic critic of modern America talks digital cleanses, diversifying the newsroom and the hope of the #metoo movement. SaveSave [...]
- Credit Card Companies Don’t Want You ... — Credit Card Companies Don’t Want You to Buy Bitcoin With Plastic – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/should-you-buy-bitcoin-with-your-credit-card-1516897097Some banks and credit-card companies have begun restricting customers’ purchases of bitcoin, shutting down a popular way to buy the volatile digital currency. [...]
- Free Your Mind? ‘Black Mirror’ Isn’t ... — Free Your Mind? ‘Black Mirror’ Isn’t Too Hopeful – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/arts/television/black-mirror-season-4-netflix.html?hpw&rref=television&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region®ion=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0A new season of Netflix’s digital-age creep show warns that technology can empower misanthropes and misogynists. SaveSave [...]