D-Link Systems Inc. is now offering the D-Link PersonalAir DBT-120, a new USB Bluetooth adapter that works with both Macs and PCs. On the surface, the DBT-120 seems to be identical to the DWB-120M, supporting up to seven slave devices, using the Bluetooth 1.1 and USB 1.1 standards. Sony recently introduced the Sony USB Bluetooth PCGA-BA1 adapter in Japan for their Vaio notebooks. The white adapter is the smallest we’ve seen although a bit more pricey than the other units available. AM Micro is shipping the Palladio Bluetooth USB adaptor from Digicom.The product ships with drivers for Mac OS X and Windows systems. The USB 1.1 solution achieves speeds of 723Kbit/s at up to 10 metres, and supports Personal Area Networks (PANs) of up to eight devices.
- What “Isle of Dogs” Gets Right About ... — What Wes Anderson’s “Isle of Dogs” Gets Right About Japan | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-isle-of-dogs-gets-right-about-japan?mbid=nl_041418_Daily&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=13315425&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1381232165&spReportId=MTM4MTIzMjE2NQS2To say that the film dehumanizes the Japanese is to assume the primacy of an English-speaking audience. [...]
- Apple now will warn you if your Mac h... — Apple now will warn you if your Mac has old, 32-bit apps – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/apple-will-warn-you-if-your-old-32-bit-mac-apps-wont-work-well-as-it-moves-to-64-bit-with-macos-high-sierra/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The company’s computer operating system has been moving to more advanced technology, though MacOS High Sierra and at least the next version of Apple’s software will still support older apps. [...]
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in t... — Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CEShttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/netflix-fake-ces-2018-altered-carbon/Venture beyond tech whales like Samsung and Sony, beyond the rows of smart speakers and giant TVs and you’ll discover that there are weirder things to be found at CES. [...]
- SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick ... — SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect smartphone upgradehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/sandisk-worlds-smallest-1tb-usb-c-stick/SanDisk’s ‘world’s smallest’ 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect gadget upgrade. The world’s smallest… prototype. For now. [...]
- What to look out for when moving clou... — What to look out for when moving cloud-based files that are stored locally on your Mac | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3241025/data-center-cloud/what-to-look-out-for-when-moving-cloud-based-files-that-are-stored-locally-on-your-mac.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-12-28&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-12-28&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlAs always, it’s a good idea to back up your files before moving them. The best time to start creating a backup is right this second if you don’t have one. Sync services are a great way to [...]